Author Topic: Steering Wheel Horn Ring: Falcon to Mustang  (Read 552 times)

Offline Angela

Steering Wheel Horn Ring: Falcon to Mustang
« on: September 28, 2020, 08:02:20 AM »
The following is likely widely known, yet I'd never seen it before, so I'm posting some pictures for others to see was well.

I was re-organizing parts in the shop and in the process, dropped a box of cast iron parts onto a steering wheel center. The impact broke off the center Mustang emblem. I was initially bummed that I broke this original part, but upon closer inspection I was pleasantly surprised.

It turns out that the center emblem is permanently attached on top of a Ford Falcon Sprint steering wheel piece. I realize Ford reused all sorts of existing parts to create the Mustang, yet I'd never realized this particular piece had been "covered up" with a Mustang emblem. The only way you'd see this is if you physically broke off the center emblem.

Anyway, I found this interesting and thought I'd share.

Offline NEFaurora

Re: Steering Wheel Horn Ring: Falcon to Mustang
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2020, 05:35:15 PM »

Yeah, Been known for decades.... "There's a little Falcon in every Mustang"...

:o)

Tony K.

Tony Kovar (NEFaurora@aol.com)
1965 Mustang Convertible 200 cid 3spd manual
1966 Mustang Convertible Sprint 200 C4 Auto
2007 Mustang Convertible V6 Auto with "Pony Package".
1966 Mustang Sprint 200 Registry Owner/Moderator
MCA#70001

9TO2Hknot4cell

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2020, 12:41:08 PM »
There's a lot of Falcon in every Mustang.  Basically the whole chassis, so then what?  about 50% or more?  ;D

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2020, 02:27:18 PM »
There's a lot of Falcon in every Mustang.                                                                     
Sure, for six cylinder cars, Fairlane stuff for V8 cars, with some full size Ford and Comet stuff tossed in.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.