Author Topic: correct bolt alternator adjustment bracket  (Read 421 times)

Offline fmr187

correct bolt alternator adjustment bracket
« on: August 02, 2020, 05:15:06 PM »
What is the correct bolt (part #) for the alternator adjustment bracket on a 65  with 289, no a/c. The bolt I referring to is the one that holds the bracket to the water pump and is stationary. All the manuals that I have looked at, none reference that bolt.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 06:20:05 PM by carlite65 »
65 Convertible born in Dearborn on Feb 10

Offline jwc66k

Re: correct bolt alternator adjustment bracket
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2020, 06:04:33 PM »
Did you look in this forum's library? Try "Mustang Hardware Spreadsheets 64-66" by application, (-AP05.xlsx, it's at the fifth version now). And get a set of Mustang Assembly Manuals for 65.
Jim
« Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 06:20:24 PM by carlite65 »
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline fmr187

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2020, 11:06:36 AM »
I do have all of Osbornes assembly manuals, but as I stated I wasnt able to find a diagram that showed that bolt. Now I have been known to be blind when it comes to looking for things, just ask my ex. I also looked at the hardware listing in the library section and in looking up what I thought might be the correct bolt and cross referencing it with AMK I wasnt successful in my search. That is why I asked the experts. On a good note, I was lying in bed thinking about why the bolt was missing and it dawned on me that it might still be on my old water pump. And lo and behold this morning I checked and there it is. So all is good now.

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2020, 12:34:59 PM »
I do have all of Osbornes assembly manuals, but as I stated I wasnt able to find a diagram that showed that bolt. Now I have been known to be blind when it comes to looking for things, just ask my ex. I also looked at the hardware listing in the library section and in looking up what I thought might be the correct bolt and cross referencing it with AMK I wasnt successful in my search. That is why I asked the experts. On a good note, I was lying in bed thinking about why the bolt was missing and it dawned on me that it might still be on my old water pump. And lo and behold this morning I checked and there it is. So all is good now.
The bolt is 43000-S8 (3/8-16 X 1 1/4HH, PLACE, 1.00 THD L, 9/16HEX, GR8) and is identified as "Adjustable", not "Stationary", as it is the pivot point of the adjustable arm.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline fmr187

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2020, 08:56:19 PM »
Thanks Jim