Author Topic: Sound deadener location - Oct 65 NJ Built  (Read 409 times)

Offline evantugby

Sound deadener location - Oct 65 NJ Built
« on: May 25, 2020, 06:46:53 PM »
Gents
Working on sound deadener.  Speegle’s Restoration guide mentions a couple areas like the rear quarter panels seen from the trunk, the inner fenders and the rear wheel wells and also the front wheel well area near the shock towers.  I have applied sound deadener to those locations.  But one quote from his article mentions “ Sound deadener applied to the interior area of the car”, on page 2.   What other portions of the car received sound deadener? 
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 07:31:55 PM by J_Speegle »
1966 GT, 6T09K13, Born 23 Oct 1965

There is no statue of equality in liberty harbor, there is a statue of liberty.  We are different this way.  -CK

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Sound deadener location - Oct 65 NJ Built
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2020, 07:02:12 PM »
................But one quote from his article mentions “ Sound deadener applied to the interior area of the car”, on page 2.   What other portions of the car received sound deadener?

Just would mention the Undercarriage (with some other areas added in) article focused on San Jose cars but the rear wheel well and trunk are pretty much the same as NJ that year. Direction of application, amount and area covered can be different.

As far as interior the main two (only two I can think of at the moment) are the interior surface of the doors (outer skin) and on the forward quarter panel just behind the door opening, before the wheel housing and below the air extractor locations

Here is one example of the quarter panel application

« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 07:32:03 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline evantugby

Re: Sound deadener location - 66 NJ
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2020, 07:32:34 PM »
Thanks Jeff. Just wanted to make sure I didn’t miss any panels. I will apply the front wheel well sound dealer when the front fenders go on later. 
1966 GT, 6T09K13, Born 23 Oct 1965

There is no statue of equality in liberty harbor, there is a statue of liberty.  We are different this way.  -CK