Author Topic: Nut and bolts finishes  (Read 679 times)

Offline HDAshmore

Nut and bolts finishes
« on: May 13, 2020, 11:26:40 PM »
Is there an easy to understand reference out there for what finishes all the bolts should be for a 70 sports roof etc...  Kind of a Big Barney Crayon, stickman can't misinterpret spreadsheet or something?

Thanks
Dan

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: Nut and bolts finishes
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2020, 02:25:17 AM »
Is there an easy to understand reference out there for what finishes all the bolts should be for a 70 sports roof etc...  Kind of a Big Barney Crayon, stickman can't misinterpret spreadsheet or something?

Thanks
Dan
Dan ,the assemblyline manuals have the finish's indicated on the fasteners in the illustrations.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline HDAshmore

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2020, 11:05:27 AM »
Bob,

Thanks, I was hoping someone out there had made some kind of cliff notes version.  I was trying to take the easy way, but that is probably the wrong way.  I'll get to cracking the books. 

Thanks again,
Dan

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2020, 11:22:35 AM »
Bob,

Thanks, I was hoping someone out there had made some kind of cliff notes version.  I was trying to take the easy way, but that is probably the wrong way.  I'll get to cracking the books. 

Thanks again,
Dan
Not many variations in finishes so once you get used to the number which corresponds to the finish it goes very quick when you see it in the illustration.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2020, 02:07:41 PM »
There are around 2000 to 2500 different hardware items used in the 70 Mustang for all three body styles. Lots of crayons would be needed.
The best method is to use the Forum's library, specifically - file "FINISH CODES, Short List", and "Mustang Hardware Spreadsheet 69-70". There is no easy way. It requires a lot of research.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2020, 04:19:47 PM »
Bob,

Thanks again,
Dan

This is how those "list" get developed :)  They all start somewhere - with a need

Have fun
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline HDAshmore

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2020, 08:12:13 PM »
Gents,

All great and wise responses.  Thank you, I'll get to doing it the right way now, nothing easy or everyone would be doing it I suspect.

Regards,
Dan