Author Topic: Pump to Carb Fuel Line Routing  (Read 658 times)

Offline 1970 Snake

Pump to Carb Fuel Line Routing
« on: May 13, 2020, 07:32:17 PM »
I am presently mocking up the bolt on components on my 428 CJ and am wondering what is the correct routing for the fuel line from the Carter pump to the carb filter. Most documentation and pictures I have seen including the Anghel/Perkins detailed document show the line running over the DS smog tubing bracket to the filter, yet I have seen the occasional routing below the smog bracket that bolts to the manifold with the coil bracket and engine ID tag.

To that end I purchase the Inline Tube repro line and it fits below the smog bracket and not above. Some time in its early history my original line was cut away in the area of DS head front and hosed past the back of the distributor cap to the far side of a larger holley carb, assuming this was done around the same time the smog system was removed, again before I owned the car which is over thirty years.
Dearborn Built Sept 4, 1969
1970 Mach1 428 CJ R-Code C6
Calypso Coral, White Deluxe Interior
dash tach, front bumperettes
Marti report one of one with delay wipers

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Pump to Carb Fuel Line Routing
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2020, 10:25:27 PM »
Not sure if I can see where it could run under the bracket If you look at the pictures in the Unrestored - 70 Dearborn CJ Mach I Pictures thread it has a pretty good shot of how that car's was routed
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline 1970 Snake

Re: Pump to Carb Fuel Line Routing
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2020, 11:33:20 AM »
Jeff, the routing is pretty clean under the bracket, and I would have to dramatically re-bent the Inline Tube offering to go up over top and then back down under the carb for the hose connection to work.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 11:37:16 AM by 1970 Snake »
Dearborn Built Sept 4, 1969
1970 Mach1 428 CJ R-Code C6
Calypso Coral, White Deluxe Interior
dash tach, front bumperettes
Marti report one of one with delay wipers