Author Topic: 1968 San Jose GT 390 Fastback Factory Headrests & Seat Back Insert Trim Buttons  (Read 1328 times)

Offline ruppstang

I may have a original set of seat buttons. I would have to check.

Offline bullitt68

I may have a original set of seat buttons. I would have to check.

That would be great thanks. I am hoping Santa brings me a few things tomorrow lol! I had a pretty long list, so I didn't expect to get everything lol!
Mike
1968 Mustang Fastback GT 390 Raven Black, 4 speed
8R02S162374, San Jose, June 5, 1968

Offline stangerdude

Bullitt, If the upholstery is still nice you can just remove hog rings at the bottom of the backrest and install the backings and clips by sticking your hand up between the foam and upholstery while holding the chrome buttons from the outside. A bit tight but I have done it many times. Same with the back seat backrest.  If you want I can measure the distance from the welting between the insert and bolster down to the top of the buttons. Of course there will be measurement variances from car to car I suppose unless someone has Ford measurements.   Paul
68 GT Fastback San Jose built

Offline bullitt68

Bullitt, If the upholstery is still nice you can just remove hog rings at the bottom of the backrest and install the backings and clips by sticking your hand up between the foam and upholstery while holding the chrome buttons from the outside. A bit tight but I have done it many times. Same with the back seat backrest.  If you want I can measure the distance from the welting between the insert and bolster down to the top of the buttons. Of course there will be measurement variances from car to car I suppose unless someone has Ford measurements.   Paul

Thanks Paul (Dude) that is excellent news and would love any information regarding the button locations. Anything to help simplify the process and save me any needless extra work would be greatly appreciated my friend
Mike
1968 Mustang Fastback GT 390 Raven Black, 4 speed
8R02S162374, San Jose, June 5, 1968