Author Topic: innerdoor blackout  (Read 758 times)

Offline carm

innerdoor blackout
« on: October 09, 2019, 06:38:49 PM »
I was wondering if anybody had some pictures of light coloured cars showing the blackout around the door handles on the inner part of the doors. I made sure to take pictures of mine when I started the resto but they seem to have been misplaced (somewhere on an I-cloud). I cant recall however if door lock button was blacked or not. I appreciate your help.
1969 GT350 convertible grabber orange
Auto
Built: April 21,1969. Dearborn

Offline carm

Re: innerdoor blackout
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2019, 07:35:45 PM »
I did find the one showing the blackout around the holes for the plate lights and trunk lock cylinder.
1969 GT350 convertible grabber orange
Auto
Built: April 21,1969. Dearborn

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: innerdoor blackout
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2019, 11:22:31 PM »
I was wondering if anybody had some pictures of light coloured cars showing the blackout around the door handles on the inner part of the doors. I made sure to take pictures of mine when I started the resto but they seem to have been misplaced (somewhere on an I-cloud). I cant recall however if door lock button was blacked or not. I appreciate your help.

Don't recall every seeing any black out around the door release or other handles. If anything showed around the cup area it would be the brown paper side of the water shield

Never seen any black out at the door lock either - any year or model

As for your taillight panel - don't have other cars with that same pattern. Might be (just considering possibilities) someone in the past painting over the taillight panel with it in place and the license plate lamps removed - overspray. Maybe someone else will have a difference observation or documentation
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)