Author Topic: Correct 66 GT Instrument Bezel  (Read 838 times)

Offline Tiny

Correct 66 GT Instrument Bezel
« on: September 13, 2019, 07:55:51 AM »
Hi all, I thought I had it all sorted out with extensive research into the correct Instrument Bezel for a 66 GT.  I have a standard black interior Sept 65 Built 66 GT Coupe. (6R07A......)  I always thought that the correct GT Instrument Bezel was the one that I have attached as an image. The Mustang store told me today that the GT Bezel in the picture is for a 65 GT only.  The standard interior GT did not have this type of Bezel but just the standard one.  Only the 66 Luxury interior GT had a Wood Grain Bezel, the same as the image.

Can you please advise concisely if this is correct.  I want to make my GT as original as I can which include the correct Bezel

Thanks
67 San Jose Built GTA 390 Coupe
C6, PS, A/C

Offline outlawincorporated

• Kangaroo Herder
Re: Correct 66 GT Instrument Bezel
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2019, 10:26:25 AM »
TINY.

here is a image of a NOS 66 instrument bezel which would be correct for your car.
If you have any other questions happy to help out

regards

PHILL BERESFORD
MELBOURNE.
AUSTRALIA.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 10:30:42 AM by outlawincorporated »
ITS ONLY EVER ORIGINAL ONCE!!!!!

MCA GOLD CARD JUDGE 1ST GENERATION.  MCA #68589

Offline mgmradio

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2019, 10:39:57 AM »
That is the 65 standard interior GT bezel.
Formerly the MCA ANHJ 64.5-66!

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2019, 05:09:52 PM »
Yes some can get the two years and their differences confused with one another and many owners over time purchased and installed incorrect bezels when their originals got old with what ever was available at the time adding to the confusion. Many of our great members have already provided examples and input to guide you to the correct bezel for your need.

Non-deluxe (pony) interior 66's used the same bezel GT and non-GT since both had full gauges - a new feature that year.

Example below is (top) 65 GT bezel and glove box door - (below) 66 standard and standard interior GT bezel and glove box door

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline sgl66

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2019, 08:08:49 PM »
My cars original GT standard interior cluster bezel and glove box door was like the one Phill attached, normal camera case with full chrome circle.

Jason

Same for me
66 GT 6T09K12---- scheduled Oct 14, bucked Oct 13 '65

Offline Tiny

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2019, 11:10:27 PM »
Thanks very much everyone. Much appreciated, I can now once and for all know exactly what my Instrument Bezel should be.

cheers
67 San Jose Built GTA 390 Coupe
C6, PS, A/C