Author Topic: 1966 Window sticker-blank original?  (Read 1030 times)

Offline 21.04

1966 Window sticker-blank original?
« on: August 21, 2019, 04:43:00 PM »
I'm not sure which category to post a discussion for a window sticker and chose "NOS Parts."  I've been collecting many parts for a future t-bred resto with 7/1/66 projected build HP convert from the SJ plant.  I ran across this blank 66 window sticker from a collector who acquires a lot of items from closed dealerships over the years.  He claims this is an NOS original, so I took a chance and bought it.  I've attempted to search the site for posted original 66 window stickers but am only finding 65 versions.  From my search of original and repro 66 stickers on the web outside of this site, it appears there may be some variations of these that were originally used and/or reproduced.  Are there some photos of original examples someone can post or are there anyone who has studied these to see enough details of my copy to know if I have a blank original or repro?  One difference that I have seen in my search is in the area of, "MUSTANG coupe convertible 2+2 fastback" that is printed in the lower right.  Some versions have 3 horizontal gold lines (one above this area, one in the middle and one below) that connect to the large gold frame, where other versions have 3 black horizontal lines, like mine does. 

-Matt   
66 K code Conv GT red/red deluxe 4 spd
66 A code Conv Non-GT black/red deluxe 3 spd
66 Sprint Conv Unrestored Green/blk std 3 spd

Offline 21.04

Re: 1966 Window sticker-blank original?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2019, 04:48:25 PM »
Accidentally posted wrong photo.  My example is shown with a single document, not two side by side.  Sorry for the mis-post.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2019, 05:07:25 PM »
Moved it over here since there is not really a great fit for it elsewhere but at least here we can focus on 66 window sticker and not those of other years.

Not sure what your referring to when you wrote "blank" 66 window sticker since the one you posted is a filled out one and not a blank one. Did you instead mean to post a different one?

Window/Monroney stickers after 58 were required to covering and include certain things but not sure how standardized they had to be other than information provided. You may find variations in the layout and other details due to different printers dealerships got them from (may be regional) or even changes during the production year.

It was be easy to assume that reproductions lack some details and could even vary in size from originals like other forms do.

Examples of two versions

There is one other versions that looks something like a cross between a window sticker and a shipping invoice

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline 21.04

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2019, 07:24:58 PM »
Hi Jeff, you may have posted while I was loading the correct photo of the "Blank" window sticker.  I did inadvertently loaded the wrong photo with the initial post but loaded the one I wanted to discuss.  Looking at your examples, it appears there are tiny vertical cuts in between some of the perforated holes along the edges, and mine does not have those.  Your first two examples are probably the closest comparison to mine but yours has the 3 gold horizontal lines separating "Mustang" and "coupe convertible and 2+2 fastback" towards the lower right.  Mine has black horizontal lines that are not quite connected to the gold frame around the rest of the right column. 

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2019, 08:26:02 PM »
The side edges for the paper guides are usually perforated so they can be pulled off.  One of the easiest ways to spot a fake.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline Chris Thauberger

• Quality is doing it right when no one is watching
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2019, 11:11:29 PM »
Matt, are you referring to the three rectangular slots (red circles) on the right side?

That was most likely caused by the printer when the paper went through. Your blank wasn't printed so no perforations.

Chris

Offline 21.04

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2019, 12:12:26 AM »
Yes, I was looking at the slots that you had marked.  Thanks for pointing out what they would be from.

Matt

Offline NEFaurora

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2019, 02:12:31 PM »

Yeah, I mean really, In all reality, The Original Window Stickers were just printed on "Standard Tractor Feed" Printer paper.   I see nothing else special about it.  Originals should have the "Perforated Paper" near the tractor feed edges as Charles pointed out.

:o)

Tony K.

Tony Kovar (NEFaurora@aol.com)
1965 Mustang Convertible 200 cid 3spd manual
1966 Mustang Convertible Sprint 200 C4 Auto
2007 Mustang Convertible V6 Auto with "Pony Package".
1966 Mustang Sprint 200 Registry Owner/Moderator
MCA#70001

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2019, 06:35:48 AM »
The side edges for the paper guides are usually perforated so they can be pulled off.  One of the easiest ways to spot a fake.

FWIW, Elite Marti Reports (for 67 and newer) include a window sticker and they also DO NOT look to have the perforated edges (though I did not pull it from the frame for a closer look). I did notice a date of October '66 on this particular reprint paper, not sure that matters or is relevant to the discussion.
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2019, 03:21:30 PM »
FWIW, Elite Marti Reports (for 67 and newer) include a window sticker and they also DO NOT look to have the perforated edges (though I did not pull it from the frame for a closer look). I did notice a date of October '66 on this particular reprint paper, not sure that matters or is relevant to the discussion.

They don't have it and the paper is thicker.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin