Author Topic: 68 Mustang Fastback history  (Read 448 times)

Offline bigtel

68 Mustang Fastback history
« on: August 06, 2019, 09:00:59 AM »
Hi

Bit of a long shot this one !

I am looking for information on a 1968 Mustang Fastback that I recently purchased in the UK

The car was shipped from the US at the turn of the year. Vin number 8R02J105558. Built San Jose - finished in Highland Green (picture attached)

It has stickers for mustang club of America in the window I have tried contacting them but no reply. Car has had a lot of time and effort put into by someone !

any information would be much appreciated.

Mark

Offline jwc66k

Re: 68 Mustang Fastback history
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2019, 01:48:56 PM »
Fortunately there is some early history on your car available in the form of a "Marti Report" available from Marti Auto https://www.martiauto.com/ for 1967 and up Mustangs. Naturally there is a fee. It is a starting point at least. There are several different versions and I'll let others comment on the features included.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline bigtel

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2019, 02:05:10 PM »
Hi Jim

Thanks for your reply.

I already have the Marti repot for the vehicle.

I was hoping to track down a recent previous owner.

A long shot I know

Regards Mark

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2019, 02:46:01 PM »
You're fortunate to be able to get a Marti Report. They don't have the data for my 65 and 66 Mustangs. On the other hand, I know the two previous owners of my 66 GT Fastback, and have a paper trail for my 65. My 66 hardtop remains a mystery. California Department of Motor Vehicle is forbiden by law to reveal any vehicle history, but a private investigator may get it. A private investigator may be a source you might consider. It will be expensive for you, but can be done.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.