Author Topic: 68 Running Horse Tri-Bar Color Order  (Read 432 times)

Offline beatlemike

68 Running Horse Tri-Bar Color Order
« on: May 15, 2019, 06:03:25 PM »
Jeff, do you have a close up of the Mustang tribar emblem on the passenger fender? What I'm trying to figure out is the colors on the emblem on a 6 cylinder, passenger side, 68 Mustang. I believe the OEM color sequence is blue, white, red but all the repro's have red, white, blue for this specific application. I've tried to enlarge the first picture in this string and the resolution is low so I can't see the colors.

Beatlemike '68 Dearborn T code.

Offline ruppstang

Re: 68 Running Horse Tri-Bar Color Order
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2019, 08:30:25 PM »
IMHO the ribbon is all ways red white blue from left to right no matter what side of the car it is on and the pony always is running forward.
I believe that some Ford service parts were incorrectly done. I have originals that are red white and blue for the passenger side.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2019, 10:21:06 PM »
Jeff, do you have a close up of the Mustang tribar emblem on the passenger fender? What I'm trying to figure out is the colors on the emblem on a 6 cylinder, passenger side, 68 Mustang.

Not for this car but check out the other 68 6 cylinders in the section

There is a fairly close shot in the Thread titled 68 T code Dearborn Spring Coupe - Unrestored Picture Thread picture EXT-3

have at least another half dozen unrestored examples that match that picture and Marti's order of the colors written above in his post

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline beatlemike

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2019, 12:20:03 AM »
Unfortunately, picture ext 3 of the green 68 shows the drivers side emblem. My concern is with the passenger side emblem. Thank you Marty and Jeff for your input.

Beatlemike 68 Dearborn

Offline ruppstang

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2019, 12:34:03 AM »
Here is a thread in this section with what you are looking for. http://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?topic=11031.0
Marty

Offline beatlemike

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2019, 02:16:26 PM »
I can't make out the colors on that photo. There appears to be a blue tinted lens placed on the camera which obscures the colors.  Here's proof that Ford did indeed sell the blue, white, red, emblem. All of these have the FoMoCo engineering number on the back but as Marty points out, they are all "service parts".

Beatlemike 68 Dearborn

Offline beatlemike

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2019, 02:18:02 PM »
6 Cylinder emblem and 302 emblem.

Beatlemike 68 Dearborn.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2019, 04:15:48 PM »
Good discussion hopefully this thread will make other owners aware of the difference and maybe they will not make the mistake of copying the non-factory detail

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)