Author Topic: NOS L/H fender  (Read 758 times)

Offline usapony

NOS L/H fender
« on: May 09, 2019, 05:03:45 AM »
Ive pressure washed under my front fenders and have found one of them to be painted in red/brown primer and it looks old as if it has been on the car for many years to my surprise it also has in yellow paint a part number in capital letters C5ZZ-16006-A i believe this is an original ford part not a repo the only thing is that it doesnt have any numbers stamped into it on the top near the fender bolts ive been told ford spare parts sold these fenders over the counter without numbers stamped into them and if it was out of the factory it would have numbers is all this correct .

Thank you 

If you look at the first picture it shows a small square patch were a residue of a sticker was , would that have been the FORD logo sticker ?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 05:17:37 AM by usapony »

Offline midlife

• Wiring Guru---let me check your shorts!
  • Global Moderator
    • Midlife Harness Restorations
Re: NOS L/H fender
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2019, 08:40:43 AM »
That's a Ford replacement fender bought over the counter, not the factory original.
Midlife Harness Restorations - http://midlifeharness.com

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2019, 05:14:46 PM »
.............. i believe this is an original ford part not a repo the only thing is that it doesnt have any numbers stamped into it on the top near the fender bolts ive been told ford spare parts sold these fenders over the counter without numbers stamped into them and if it was out of the factory it would have numbers is all this correct .

Ford service replacements typically would have stampings on the inner fender lips as well as in the headlight bucket recess area. Patterns change during the decades. Assembly line date, and plant information would have been stamped  at the inner fender and recess surfaces. Pattern depended on when during 64-66 they were stamped

If you look at the first picture it shows a small square patch were a residue of a sticker was , would that have been the FORD logo sticker ?

Most likely this was a shipping label for the part with bar codes, part numbers, receiving name and address as well as a bunch of other tracking details
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline usapony

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2019, 06:08:58 PM »
so do I have a original Ford replacement fender or is it a aftermarket copy of one , im confused 

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2019, 06:26:16 PM »
so do I have a original Ford replacement fender or is it a aftermarket copy of one , im confused

It appears to be a Ford NOS service replacement from maybe the 60's - maybe early 80's
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline usapony

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2019, 11:42:14 PM »
Ok thanks Jeff

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2019, 12:25:58 AM »
Ive pressure washed under my front fenders and have found one of them to be painted in red/brown primer and it looks old as if it has been on the car for many years to my surprise it also has in yellow paint a part number in capital letters C5ZZ-16006-A
That's the typical way Ford marked service fenders, actually most large parts were identified with a yellow stencil service number. Years back, the local Mustang shops had a lot of NOS parts with yellow ID in their inventory. (There is only one shop left in the San Jose area, site of plant "R" in Milpitas.)
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.