Author Topic: February 1966 San Jose - Disk Brake Master Cylinder Bolts  (Read 602 times)

Offline Morsel

February 1966 San Jose - Disk Brake Master Cylinder Bolts
« on: January 30, 2019, 08:37:55 PM »
OK, had to bring this one to the forum just for my own curiosity. I've been talking with Jim already and wondering about these bolts I pulled from my disk brake master cylinder... again, February 66 San Jose car. Every bolt Jim has listed in the Library as well as the examples he has all have the head markings NL and measure slightly smaller in length then these. I'm wondering if anyone else has run across these while restoring their cars. These measure from top of head to bottom of non-thread tapper 1.75" and have the SEMS head markings (see attached photos)

I'm curious if this is one of those San Jose plant anomalies or if we think these were replaced at some point on my car, I know that most of these are covered up with firewall sealant, so Jeff's unrestored pictures probably aren't going to show the head markings... but curious if anyone else has found these on their car...

Thanks,

Jason
February 10th 1966 - San Jose - Factory GT K-Code Automatic, Candy Apple Red Fastback, Black Standard Interior

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: February 1966 San Jose - Disk Brake Master Cylinder Bolts
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 11:27:28 PM »
OK, had to bring this one to the forum just for my own curiosity. I've been talking with Jim already and wondering about these bolts I pulled from my disk brake master cylinder... again, February 66 San Jose car. Every bolt Jim has listed in the Library as well as the examples he has all have the head markings NL and measure slightly smaller in length then these. I'm wondering if anyone else has run across these while restoring their cars. These measure from top of head to bottom of non-thread tapper 1.75" and have the SEMS head markings (see attached photos)

I'm curious if this is one of those San Jose plant anomalies or if we think these were replaced at some point on my car, I know that most of these are covered up with firewall sealant, so Jeff's unrestored pictures probably aren't going to show the head markings... but curious if anyone else has found these on their car...

Thanks,

Jason
Yep ,seen it on SJ cars I have taken apart.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2019, 05:29:43 PM »
Couple of different suppliers during 66 production the SEMS was one of them. They didn't always get coated with the sealant (though that was the hope and plan) especially on the drivers side since it was more difficult to spray in the narrow gap and aim the wand towards the center of the car
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Morsel

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2019, 07:12:38 PM »
Thanks Bob & Jeff, appreciate the response...
February 10th 1966 - San Jose - Factory GT K-Code Automatic, Candy Apple Red Fastback, Black Standard Interior

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2019, 08:37:53 PM »
If you can tell the head marking from mine in this picture, let me know. I am not pulling it to see.
(Darn carb is in the way.)
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.