Author Topic: 1966 GT fog light wiring and hardware  (Read 920 times)

Offline busterb99

1966 GT fog light wiring and hardware
« on: August 01, 2018, 04:05:43 PM »
In 1981 or so thieves attempted to steal the fog lights from my 66 GT but succeeded in stealing nothing and breaking everything. The insurance company paid for NOS Ford parts I found at a dealership in KY and they're still in the boxes- I'm not putting them on the survivor car unless/until it's restored. The NOS light pigtails have 2 pin 2 wire one piece male/female connectors, and the car has the corresponding 1 piece 2 pin male/female connectors spliced into the fog lamp wiring at the radiator support. It was that way when I got it 40+ years ago.

A buddy just gave me some used repro light bars and lamps, I'm going to put them on for now as something's better than nothing. Those bulbs have two separate single connector pigtails for the power and ground. The repro fog lamp wiring I see has the single connectors, so to make them work I need to swap out the spliced single connector fog light wiring. What's bugging me is the connectors on the NOS lamps I have- are they correct, from a different/later year, some kind of universal replacement, or what?

I'm trying to get all the hardware together to install them. Where can I get the thin square head bolts and cupped washers for the lamps to the light bars, and the four 1" studs for the corral to the grille? I see them as parts of assemblies but not seperately, but they have to come from somewhere...

Offline sgl66

Re: 1966 GT fog light wiring and hardware
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2018, 05:47:09 PM »
Any pics of the wiring you’re referring to?

FWIW, NOS corral castings back in the mid 80’s were visually different than OEM http://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?topic=14298.msg88879#msg88879

Did you get NOS bars?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 06:47:48 PM by sglbbs »
66 GT 6T09K12---- scheduled Oct 14, bucked Oct 13 '65

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2018, 07:00:44 PM »
Any pics of the wiring you’re referring to?
Took the words right out of my mouth.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline busterb99

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2021, 10:24:57 AM »
Sorry I let this post go silent, and never posted any pics or anything. I replaced all under hood wiring including fog light harness, correct connectors all the way through, problem solved. Thanks to all who offered to help!