Author Topic: Leaf/coil spring paint marking colours- 69 CJ 4 speed Mach I  (Read 2067 times)

Offline chrint

I'm after the correct colour paint markings for my 1969 Dearborn made Mach-1 428 Q-code CJ 4 speed car. Non a/c car
My car was made 10/09/1968, require both rear leaf spring and front coil spring paint colours and any pictures /examples of the way they were done from the factory.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 03:44:41 PM by J_Speegle »

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Leaf/coil spring paint marking colours- 69 CJ 4 speed Mach I
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2018, 03:55:15 PM »
First, forgot to do this with your first post, welcome to the site. Hope you find the information hear helpful and on point with our focus here

I'm after the correct colour paint markings for my 1969 Dearborn made Mach-1 428 Q-code CJ 4 speed car. Non a/c car
My car was made 10/09/1968, require both rear leaf spring and front coil spring paint colours and

For your application as shown above

Front coil springs were likely - 1 Gold and 1 Pink stripe. Suggestions as to how they were marked can be found in other coil spring threads and the article mentioned below. This will help with direction of drips and splatter often produced during application.

Rear leaf springs were likely marked C9AZ-5556-G  with stripes of Gold and Violet

Bottom one in this example

And a restored set of markings. Have seen them in both order from front to back. Just happened sometimes

Information obtained from factory buildsheets and pictures of unrestored cars

any pictures /examples of the way they were done from the factory.

Suggest you use the search feature of the site - there are many threads that show location and typical applications of the markings your looking for on 69's. Also Suggest, if you have not found it already, that you check out the article in the Library on basic paint marks. Articles are there so we don't have to repeat the same info multiple times in different threads and it provides a common base to start from. Got some reading to do ;)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 10:50:38 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline specialed

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2018, 10:29:40 PM »
Jeff i think u meant c9za  not c9az  rear spring id.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2018, 10:50:24 PM »
Jeff i think u meant c9za  not c9az  rear spring id.

Yes Thank you for pointing that out. Corrected the earlier post

Hope that is the only thing I did backwards today  ::)
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline chrint

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2018, 04:22:30 AM »
Thankyou Jeff for all the use full information.