Author Topic: Power ventilation / comfort stream  (Read 944 times)

Offline Ldouble619

Power ventilation / comfort stream
« on: May 06, 2018, 11:26:50 AM »
Does anyone have any pictures of the firewall engine side from a power vent car?  Should a small block dearborn car have a blower motor shield?  I assume not, since it would have been easier to remove than the BB?

I have seen the ones on WCC website.

Also, looking for any parts to buy for the power vent/comfort stream option.

Thank you
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 11:36:24 AM by Ldouble619 »

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Power ventilation / comfort stream
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2018, 05:53:03 PM »
Does anyone have any pictures of the firewall engine side from a power vent car?

Will look.  very unpopular option and not always easy to tell if it was an option on a car
Not sure what details you might be looking for. In general its going to look pretty much like every other non-AC example but we\ll see what I can find and what others can show in their pictures

Should a small block dearborn car have a blower motor shield? 

Normally no.  Not even certain that the plants used the sheild during engine installation looking at unrestored cars.  Could be like other planned processes. Upstairs designed and planned but on the line other ways evolved and were adopted sort of thing.

Also, looking for any parts to buy for the power vent/comfort stream option.

Invite you to post a Wanted thread in that section of the site so members and lurkers will find it easier
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 12:31:35 AM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Ldouble619

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2018, 06:39:47 PM »
Thanks, Jeff.

Leland

Offline 7Lscjracer

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2018, 12:20:15 AM »
Have you seen the pics of this example of the package for sale?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1969-SHELBY-GT500-MUSTANG-428CJ-POWER-VENTILATION-SYSTEM-COMPLETE-69-VENT-MACH1/263645848521?hash=item3d628463c9:g:JRAAAOSwBY5a415e&vxp=mtr
To retrofit this option, you need to cut your dash pad to accommodate the center vent, but the round vents in the lower dash are for a/c only, and not part of the power ventilation option.
Can't speak to pricing, but it's complete.
Just needs correct hose clamps instead of the worm gear type, and some new foam seals.
69 Mach 1 San Jose Nov. 68 build
Bought May '81, sold Sept '20

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2018, 12:29:44 AM »
Nice find. Not something you often see.  But then again not many cars for it to go into- ones that had it originally. Believe only a little over 500 owners choose it as an option
Jeff Speegle

Offline 69grandecj

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2018, 12:51:13 PM »
My Grande has a 428 so it has the shield so I'm no help there.

The only spare part I have is the duct that sends the air to the center dash vent.

The toughest part to find is the hose that comes out of the blower motor.  They usually rot away.  I found one that is almost an exact match off a '67 Ford at a wrecking yard years ago.
MCA # 24108
MCA Gold Card Judge 3rd Generation
MCA Certified Judge 69-70
1969 Mustang Grande 428 CJ
1969 Mustang SportsRoof
1989 Mustang GT Convertible 22K miles

Offline cobrajet_carl

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2018, 01:41:09 PM »
I removed one from a 69 302 Grande but it's been so long that I don't remember if there was a shield or not. I still have the components somewhere but probably not complete.
Carl
70 and 71 Dearborn mach Is

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2018, 06:31:37 PM »
I removed one from a 69 302 Grande but it's been so long that I don't remember if there was a shield or not. I still have the components somewhere but probably not complete.
The 69 302 with power vent typically did not have a shield left on in the same way that a 69 302 with A/C didn't have the shield left  on.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2018, 06:59:51 PM »
Might be a good discussion for another thread. Looking at allot of unrestored examples sealant patterns of the passenger side firewall sections on small block cars from all three plants don't show shadows in the spray patterns that one would expect if a shield was present. Only suggesting that workers may have gotten really good with quick fast engine installation and figured they didn't need the shields every time or on certain shifts

Again that is more of a topic unrelated to the power vent option and more of an everyday heater sort of topic IMHO
Jeff Speegle