Author Topic: 69 Crossmember Nut ?  (Read 496 times)

Offline Brian Conway

69 Crossmember Nut ?
« on: April 27, 2018, 05:22:44 PM »
Looking for some info. on what is inside the front frame rails, one each side, that the engine bay crossmember 1/2" x 13 x hex head 1" long bolts screw into ?  The bolt info is in the spread sheet furnished by Jim but nothing about a threaded nut ?  Thanks,  Brian
5RO9A GT  4 Spd Built 5/29/65
9TO2R SCJ 4 Spd Built 9/19/68
Owner Driver Mechanic
San Diego, Ca.

Offline jwc66k

Re: 69 Crossmember Nut ?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2018, 07:27:49 PM »
Looking for some info. on what is inside the front frame rails, one each side, that the engine bay crossmember 1/2" x 13 x hex head 1" long bolts screw into ?  The bolt info is in the spread sheet furnished by Jim but nothing about a threaded nut ? 
The "threaded nut" is part of the frame rail sub-assembly, welded inside the rail, is not a dealer serviced item and would not be documented in the assembly manuals or service documents (MPC). (It comes that way.) That being said, it could be a thick, tapped plate that is wide enough to fit between the rail's vertical sides to prevent it from turning, or a spot welded nut, or a "U" plate, etc. I've never seen inside a frame rail so I can't say.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.