Author Topic: unrestored 64½?  (Read 2097 times)

Offline NEFaurora

Re: unrestored 64½?
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2018, 03:36:53 PM »
Interesting...Just an Observation... The car has both types of Fender Bolts as Dearborn used both at the same time on Fenders on the assembly line....SEMS bolts and the Anchor Bolts with the Star Washers.  If you look at the car, The guy who hung the Passenger side fender grabbed and used the SEMS fender bolts....and the guy who hung the Driver's side fender grabbed and used the Anchor Bolts with the Star Washers!!!  Obviously both are original and a nice example of both being used at the same time and at the same plant..Dearborn in this case.  And of course a very nice example verifying this...

Did you catch it?!? Heh...?

:o)

Tony K.
Tony Kovar (NEFaurora@aol.com)
1965 Mustang Convertible 200 cid 3spd manual
1966 Mustang Convertible Sprint 200 C4 Auto
2007 Mustang Convertible V6 Auto with "Pony Package".
1966 Mustang Sprint 200 Registry Owner/Moderator
MCA#70001

Offline lancelot66

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2018, 03:46:08 PM »
I guess I was expecting to see some 289 engine emblems on the fenders?
VR/
-Lance

SJ Build Date: 1/6
'66 Fstbk: 63A M 25 06A 71 1 6
Many Original Options

Offline NEFaurora

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2018, 04:01:31 PM »

OMG,

Lancelot...Great catch!! I missed that as well!!

What's going on there?!?!?

289 emblems left off?!??

If its Original Paint as it looks.....That makes no sense... Very weird!!!

:o)

Tony K.
Tony Kovar (NEFaurora@aol.com)
1965 Mustang Convertible 200 cid 3spd manual
1966 Mustang Convertible Sprint 200 C4 Auto
2007 Mustang Convertible V6 Auto with "Pony Package".
1966 Mustang Sprint 200 Registry Owner/Moderator
MCA#70001

Offline lancelot66

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2018, 04:34:01 PM »
Yeah, I do like that paint but when I was looking at the extra pics closer, something just didn't seem right....!
VR/
-Lance

SJ Build Date: 1/6
'66 Fstbk: 63A M 25 06A 71 1 6
Many Original Options

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2018, 04:52:39 PM »
Interesting...Just an Observation... The car has both types of Fender Bolts as Dearborn used both at the same time on Fenders on the assembly line....SEMS bolts and the Anchor Bolts with the Star Washers.  If you look at the car, The guy who hung the Passenger side fender grabbed and used the SEMS fender bolts....and the guy who hung the Driver's side fender grabbed and used the Anchor Bolts with the Star Washers!!!  Obviously both are original and a nice example of both being used at the same time and at the same plant..Dearborn in this case. And of course a very nice example verifying this...

Given the other details that might be a rush to judgment

Would be interesting to see the dates from those fenders compared to other unibody dates
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2018, 05:22:37 PM »
If the engine bay paint is original, note lack of LH shock tower decal and also note no dum-dum in the holes in the cowl where the washer nozzles would go if the car had windshield washers.  Note black solenoid that appears original...  Also note jack-handle style.

Would be interesting to see it up close.  Someone that knows these cars could dramatically improve the appearance by removing aftermarket pieces and swapping out correct parts for good used original.  Do a full cleanup, top to bottom.

I'm not sure I could live without the 289 emblems though.  As interesting as it might be that the car may not have had them, I don't think I'd want to be 'that guy' who has the car without v8 emblems.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin