Author Topic: Carburetor inlet  (Read 1698 times)

Offline rocnhrse

Carburetor inlet
« on: January 18, 2017, 08:03:11 PM »
67 s code gta fb San Jose  April
Just got carb back from restoration shop and the fuel inlet  is a hose barb is that correct?  Also how much  time difference  is acceptable  between  carb build  date and car build date
67 mustang  GTA  S code fastback  San Jose  April 67

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Carburetor inlet
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 08:17:50 PM »
67 s code gta fb San Jose  April
Just got carb back from restoration shop and the fuel inlet  is a hose barb is that correct?

Not sure what your describing with the words "hose barb". That carb should have a long fuel filter screwed into the drivers side front fuel bowl with a end that allows for a very short flexible rubber hose to be connected

Generic Holley picture

Also how much  time difference  is acceptable  between  carb build  date and car build date

Maybe what would normally be the date spread would be easier. Since you have a Holley and it appears these were assembled in batches rather than all the different types being produced every day of the year the date gap may be longer than what you would find in other parts that were being made all the time

With that said - looking at other examples I found 2-5 month though I would guess it might be as close as a month in some cases . Just the records I have available at the moment

Sure you have read how to read the date code on a Holley in the article located in the sites Library
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline rocnhrse

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2017, 10:52:17 PM »
Thanks  Jeff  that is the fitting  that is on the carb, doesnt  show  it in the shop manual , I am having  trouble  posting  pictures  ,I would  like to share  restored  pictures

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 11:04:27 PM »
No Ford or other document is going to show everything or be correct all the time. ;)

IF they did we wouldn't need these forums    ::)
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline rodster

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2017, 12:46:24 AM »
Thanks  Jeff  that is the fitting  that is on the carb, doesnt  show  it in the shop manual , I am having  trouble  posting  pictures ,I would  like to share  restored  pictures

Are you using the Attachment option?
1965 Dearborn Mustang Coupe
Raven Black - Palomino Pony
1967 Dearborn Mustang Conv.
Wimbeldon White - Red
1984 SVO - 2A

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2017, 12:51:13 AM »
Are you using the Attachment option?
I am wondering also. This forum accepts picture easier then any I participate on.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline rocnhrse

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2017, 08:07:21 AM »
Keep getting  HTTP 500  error, I must  be doing something wrong

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2017, 12:36:52 PM »
Keep getting  HTTP 500  error, I must  be doing something wrong
I am wondering also. This forum accepts picture easier then any I participate on.
Bo has it right, it's simple. There are a couple of methods to get pictures posted. I like to use .jpg pictures from files in my computer. At the bottom of a new post, just like this one, is the method. It says "Attachments and other options". When you click the link, it will allow you to browse your computer for the picture. You "open" it, and the "Attach - " feature asks if you want to do more. It's a lot simpler than using another web site to store pictures.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.