Author Topic: 67 289 Vacuum Line distributor to carb  (Read 1290 times)

Offline Rossco

67 289 Vacuum Line distributor to carb
« on: January 15, 2017, 11:07:48 AM »
Looking to put in the carbon steel vacuum line over the winter as mine still has the rubber hose on it, does anyone know how to connect this up or know the correct fitting to do this as NPD just seem to do the line only

Any photos would be appreciated

Ross
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 03:45:03 PM by J_Speegle »

Offline jwc66k

Re: Vacuum Line distributor to carb
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 12:13:09 PM »
Ross,
Get into the habit of referring to the year, model, engine, transmission, options, plant and build date (sometimes) when you ask a question.
If your engine is a small block (289CID), the distributor to carburetor line is rubber, not the steel vacuum line. The change over was made for the start of the 67 model year.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline Rossco

Re: Vacuum Line distributor to carb
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 01:30:06 PM »
Sorry Jim your info is kindly noted

So mine is a 289, 1967 SJ fastback

Offline jwc66k

Re: 67 289 Vacuum Line distributor to carb
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2017, 04:04:33 PM »
I'll wait for Jeff to log on and let him find the appropriate pictures from his files. One more item, what carburetor does your car have, a 2 barrel or 4 barrel? You might want to add your VIN (with xx for the last two numbers) to your ID. The VIN has a lot of info built into it.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline Rossco

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2017, 04:20:03 PM »
I have the original Autolite 4 barrel carb Jim

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2017, 05:31:41 PM »
I have the original Autolite 4 barrel carb Jim

As mentioned you might find it valuable and a time saver to add your cars details/data to your signature in your profile. If not we're going to be asking allot of follow up questions before you get your answer since we want to provide the best, most specific answer to your need and not muddy the water with a ton of examples that don't apply

So to your question. What makes you think the vacuum line was steel?  Ford typically used rubber lines for most (Thermactor lines excluded) vacuum uses. Saved time and effort since they could be manipulated quicker, cut to fit and installed quicker.  Especially considering all the vacuum lines that were added for emissions, ported vacuum switches and accessories that were not there in the earlier years.

The vacuum line that went to the advance was a preformed hose with a bend molded into it. Do you have the original water neck (for the heater hose connection)  with the built in ported vacuum switch. The vast majority of these have been removed over the years and are not easy to find.  Do recall from your other post that this is a non- Thermactor San Jose 289

Search is your friend - though not always easy to find things but this one was quick. Words used "PVS 289"

http://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?topic=14627.msg91187#msg91187
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 05:34:39 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)