Author Topic: 67 Fastback Ivy Gold deluxe interior parts color?  (Read 6387 times)

Offline ruppstang

Re: 67 Fastback Ivy Gold deluxe interior parts color?
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2016, 09:31:46 AM »
This is my big problem. The car originally a Lime Green 390 GT Fastback with Ivy Gold Deluxe iterior. But when i got it the previous owners changed to all black inside and painted red outside... And we were stupid enough to start restoring it to this color scheme without decoding the car.
There is no evidence or whatsoever can be found of the original interior colors. We are totally blind about this topic.
Now i just see that the glove box lid is also different shade than the dash around it. Thats makes me going nuts...
BTW i have for sale a brand new black interior.... :(
This is how the car looks like now:

Hats off to you for your commitment to making your car correct, many would have left it red and bought a new door tag.

The paint looks great. Did you paint it red first?

Where are you located? May be one of the members here could help you with a old interior part that has the original color on it.
Marty

Offline almano

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2016, 09:36:19 AM »
Hats off to you for your commitment to making your car correct, many would have left it red and bought a new door tag.

The paint looks great. Did you paint it red first?

Where are you located? May be one of the members here could help you with a old interior part that has the original color on it.
Marty
No thank God, we realized before painting. :) My friend just bought the all black interior, seat covers, door panels, carpet, headliner, trims...
We are in Hungary, Europe. Not much Mustang restoration going on around here....
1967 Mustang Fastback GT 390 Lime Green / Ivy Gold Deluxe interior

Offline ruppstang

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2016, 02:24:11 PM »
No thank God, we realized before painting. :) My friend just bought the all black interior, seat covers, door panels, carpet, headliner, trims...
We are in Hungary, Europe. Not much Mustang restoration going on around here....

In that case I would order rattle cans from Virginia Classic Mustang. I got some 67 blue from them that was pretty close.

Offline Fastback2013

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2017, 04:38:11 PM »
Sorry for the late input.
Since my car is a fastback with the deluxe interior in Ivy Green, I think I can help you a bit further (if still necessary offcourse).
Everybody has given their bests for helping you, all I can say is that a 2 tone interior is no walk in the park for restoring it in the original tones.
I have dismantled the intire interior and I have 7 different shades of green.
Offcourse there is a problem with the aging factor off all the paints due to the elements, but I let my paintshop scanned in every piece where it was hidden (behind another piece or a bolt or a trim, etc..)
that's why there where so many differences  :o
1/ the headliner :
    - is a very light shade of 'lime green' (see picture 1)
      (I ordered a new parchment headliner, and I let it painted (with SEM products) in the exact shade of green.
2/ overhead console
    - in my understanding your interior is also a deluxe version, so you must have that console?
    - there was a small difference between headliner and console ( see picture 2)
      (but for budget reasons and general appearance I found it logical that headliner and console are the same color?)
      (my apologies for the purists among us  :-X)
3/ Sunvisors :
     - in my humble opinion there was very little difference between headliner and sunvisors.
       (the difference could be explained due to the elements, therefore I decided it should have the same color
-> the whole 'rooftop' is therefore in the same shade of green (but it is the lightest shade of green in the interior)

it's a start, the rest I will post tomorrow.
Kind regards,
Jeroen

« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 05:07:53 PM by Fastback2013 »
San Jose 7R02C1708xx
Fastback GTA
built on 01/12/1967

Offline almano

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2017, 07:05:25 PM »
Sorry for the late input.
Since my car is a fastback with the deluxe interior in Ivy Green, I think I can help you a bit further (if still necessary offcourse).
Everybody has given their bests for helping you, all I can say is that a 2 tone interior is no walk in the park for restoring it in the original tones.
I have dismantled the intire interior and I have 7 different shades of green.
Offcourse there is a problem with the aging factor off all the paints due to the elements, but I let my paintshop scanned in every piece where it was hidden (behind another piece or a bolt or a trim, etc..)
that's why there where so many differences  :o
1/ the headliner :
    - is a very light shade of 'lime green' (see picture 1)
      (I ordered a new parchment headliner, and I let it painted (with SEM products) in the exact shade of green.
2/ overhead console
    - in my understanding your interior is also a deluxe version, so you must have that console?
    - there was a small difference between headliner and console ( see picture 2)
      (but for budget reasons and general appearance I found it logical that headliner and console are the same color?)
      (my apologies for the purists among us  :-X)
3/ Sunvisors :
     - in my humble opinion there was very little difference between headliner and sunvisors.
       (the difference could be explained due to the elements, therefore I decided it should have the same color
-> the whole 'rooftop' is therefore in the same shade of green (but it is the lightest shade of green in the interior)

it's a start, the rest I will post tomorrow.
Kind regards,
Jeroen
Thank You.
Excellent.
I need as much info as You can.
:)
1967 Mustang Fastback GT 390 Lime Green / Ivy Gold Deluxe interior