Author Topic: 65 Pedal Support  (Read 686 times)

Offline Brian Conway

65 Pedal Support
« on: November 19, 2016, 07:21:47 PM »
I will be working on my pedal support soon.  The pedals, clutch and brake. are starting to show a slant so the OE pedal support needs to come out for some service work.  The pedal paint scheme has been discussed but no discussion concerning the pedal support that I have found. I would like to know what all is involved for the removal, what needs to be removed and what can stay;  steering wheel/column, left side fresh air can and the dash instrument cluster, emergency brake assembly are all candidates for removal ? I have used the search function, the Library, googled the Mustang 360 resources, the 65-66 Shop Manuals and have not found what I am looking for. A brief description of ' how to'. Do the support and pedals come out as an assembly ?  Do the pedals need to be separated from the support first ? Is this job so simple that no explanation is needed ?  Thanks for any experience and advice.  Brian
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 07:38:56 PM by Brian Conway »
5RO9A GT  4 Spd Built 5/29/65
9TO2R SCJ 4 Spd Built 9/19/68
Owner Driver Mechanic
San Diego, Ca.

Offline jwc66k

Re: 65 Pedal Support
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2016, 09:13:29 PM »
The support is held in by the same bolts as the two lower master cylinder bolts, plus two above those, and two studs on the lower lip of the dash. The steering column should be removed as the two studs also hold the column tube. That means unplugging the turn signal connector on the column tube, and brake light switch. The clutch rod needs to come undone and brake rod as well. The support comes out with the clutch, return spring and brake pedals. All this is shown on several pages of the 64 -65 Chassis Assembly Manual.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline Brian Conway

Re: 65 Pedal Support
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2016, 09:51:29 PM »
Thank you Jim.  Very helpful information.
5RO9A GT  4 Spd Built 5/29/65
9TO2R SCJ 4 Spd Built 9/19/68
Owner Driver Mechanic
San Diego, Ca.