Author Topic: San Jose Feb 10th 1966 K-Code AT Starter - Ink Stamp?  (Read 1011 times)

Offline Morsel

San Jose Feb 10th 1966 K-Code AT Starter - Ink Stamp?
« on: October 07, 2016, 04:07:19 PM »
First of all, sorry I've been asking so many questions, we're just moving quickly in our build.

Would a starter from this date (Feb 10th 1966) on a K-Code from San Jose have a FoMoCo stamping or the Autolite stamping on the housing?

Thanks as always all...
February 10th 1966 - San Jose - Factory GT K-Code Automatic, Candy Apple Red Fastback, Black Standard Interior

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: San Jose Feb 10th 1966 K-Code AT Starter - Ink Stamp?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2016, 07:42:28 PM »
Would a starter from this date (Feb 10th 1966) on a K-Code from San Jose have a FoMoCo stamping or the Autolite stamping on the housing?

Been looking into this over the last year or so for concours focused owners and shops. Accepting that the starter has a lead time greater than some other parts on the engine we can only give a best guess at this point. With all the disclaimers out of the way  ::) I offer the following

I have examples of FoMoCo ink marked dated that were assembled at the supplier 3 months after your car was likely completed. I would feel very comfortable suggesting that the FoMoCo was the way your starter would have originally been stamped. As for other details related to the stamp and its design there are a number of threads out there showing originals - just be aware that after all these years the pattern is often very weak (and don't use the sticker for a pattern or example please  ::) so compare all the originals you can
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Morsel

Re: San Jose Feb 10th 1966 K-Code AT Starter - Ink Stamp?
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2016, 08:00:27 PM »
Been looking into this over the last year or so for concours focused owners and shops. Accepting that the starter has a lead time greater than some other parts on the engine we can only give a best guess at this point. With all the disclaimers out of the way  ::) I offer the following

I have examples of FoMoCo ink marked dated that were assembled at the supplier 3 months after your car was likely completed. I would feel very comfortable suggesting that the FoMoCo was the way your starter would have originally been stamped. As for other details related to the stamp and its design there are a number of threads out there showing originals - just be aware that after all these years the pattern is often very weak (and don't use the sticker for a pattern or example please  ::) so compare all the originals you can

Thanks as always Jeff, I'm going to send you a quick PM email, so when you have a chance, take a peek. You've been beyond helpful with all this stuff.
February 10th 1966 - San Jose - Factory GT K-Code Automatic, Candy Apple Red Fastback, Black Standard Interior