Author Topic: A Code Battery cable questions  (Read 1145 times)

Offline austr6

A Code Battery cable questions
« on: October 02, 2016, 07:02:25 PM »
Hi all,
I have three questions,
where does the battery negative cable mount on my vehicle ? (details in my signature below)
where does the positive cable from solenoid to starter run (below or above cross member) ?
what does the securing bracket for the above cable bolt to ?
Kind regards
Richard.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 06:18:41 PM by J_Speegle »
May 20 1966
GT Fastback
A code,
Auto ,Air conditioning, Power Steering
Standard Interior
6R09A202931

Offline jwc66k

Re: Battery cable questions
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2016, 07:26:05 PM »
I have three questions,
where does the battery negative cable mount on my vehicle ? (details in my signature below)
The battery ground and the ground for the alternator go to a special 7/16-14 stud on the lower right hand side of the block right near the alternator. The stud also holds the transmission cooling lines bracket. One or two internal tooth lock washers and a 7/16-14 nut. A 7/16-14 bolt was used in 1965 for the grounds and the bracket. 
where does the positive cable from solenoid to starter run (below or above cross member) ?
what does the securing bracket for the above cable bolt to ?
That cable is held by a bracket that uses the right hand forward engine mounting 7/16-14 bolt. There is a woven cloth thermal insulator on the cable after the bracket on its routing to the starter. There is a metal heat shield there also. It uses both engine mounting bolts, both sides. Early 66 used the two bracket arrangement for the cable, using up inventory from 1965.
Jim

I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Battery cable questions
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2016, 10:49:47 PM »
Couple of pictures to help - From late 66 San Jose examples

First one has been posted in three other threads and could be found using the search as well as a decent discussion (in length) of the details related to attaching to the engine block

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)