Author Topic: Feb 10th 66 K Fastback - San Jose... What Starter Solenoid would they have used?  (Read 1307 times)

Offline Morsel

I'm having a hard time finding this info through my researching and basic searches, I'm trying to find out the type of Starter Solenoid they would have used on my Feb 10th 66 K-Code Fastback out of the San Jose plant (Automatic Trans, no AC or power steering).

Looking for numbers, manufacture or stamping and body casing style.

Thanks...
February 10th 1966 - San Jose - Factory GT K-Code Automatic, Candy Apple Red Fastback, Black Standard Interior

Offline jwc66k

One of the best sources of factory installed parts are the Osborn Mustang Assembly Manuals. I recommend you get a set. The 66 Mustang Electrical Manual says the solenoid is a C6AF-11450-A or a C4AF-11450-A. It should have a black body and this stamped on the mounting bracket top edge - 2701966. Your February San Jose K solenoid is no different than my October San Jose K.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline Morsel

Thanks for the response and the info on correct one to use!

On the manuals, is there just the three, body, electrical, and interior trim? Definitely will get a set...
February 10th 1966 - San Jose - Factory GT K-Code Automatic, Candy Apple Red Fastback, Black Standard Interior

Offline jwc66k

Thanks for the response and the info on correct one to use!

On the manuals, is there just the three, body, electrical, and interior trim? Definitely will get a set...
There are four 66 manual, add Engine accessories, although there's not too much in there for a HP, plus the 64-65 Chassis and the 64-65 Weld And Sealant. The weld shows what pieces made up an area and how, plus the sealant. Get the body, electrical and chassis first.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline Morsel

Thanks Jim for the info, going to pick up copies...

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Think its easier to state what was not likely used on your Feb car than what was. Will look through my data and get back to the subject
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)