Author Topic: Evap Emissions Canister mounting hardware  (Read 1928 times)

Offline RocketScientist

Evap Emissions Canister mounting hardware
« on: August 17, 2016, 04:05:22 AM »
I am trying to source the correct hardware to mount the evap emissions canister bracket into the engine bay and I'm stumped. I have looked at the AMK catalog so many times I'm seeing nuts and bolts in my sleep! Can anyone help me out? Its for a November 1969, Dearborn Car.

Offline Mike Bauman

Re: Evap Emissions Canister mounting hardware
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2016, 10:33:45 AM »
Here are some photos of the Charcoal Canister mounting on a 1970 Boss 302 (Dearborn, October 24, 1969)  Let me know if this helps....or.... what else you need!....Mike

Offline Mike Bauman

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2016, 12:09:49 PM »
My title is NEWBIE...I guess its right...I can't figure out how to post photos!

Offline carlite65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2016, 12:11:59 PM »
very easy to post pics. look below the reply box for 'attachments and other options'. click that & follow instructions. easiest forum to post pics on i hae ever seen.
5F09C331248

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2016, 03:47:41 PM »
I am trying to source the correct hardware to mount the evap emissions canister bracket into the engine bay and I'm stumped. I have looked at the AMK catalog so many times I'm seeing nuts and bolts in my sleep! Can anyone help me out? Its for a November 1969, Dearborn Car.

Not a whole lot of nuts and bolts go into mounting the canister and bracket.   On both 6 cylinders and V8's On a V8 it appears you have a self tapping bolt in this location and for the arm that goes to the sway bar mount the bolt and nut should be there already. Guess you can also count the clamp tightening bolt with the star washer there also. 70 Shelbys  with the systems appear to use a different way of mounting the canister bracket to the lower A arm mount surface

A few pictures of a typical installation and hardware

Hope they help

« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 04:22:04 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2016, 04:32:14 PM »
This is documented in the 1970 Mustang Chassis Manual, AM0030 page 30, published by Osborn Reproductions. I found the information in the forum library under Mustang Hardware, file MHW69-70AP02.xls.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline RocketScientist

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2016, 09:35:37 PM »
Thanks Jim, I looked almost everywhere else but I didn't think to look in the Chassis manual. Thanks also for the pics Jeff as I didn't realise that it attached to the sway bar mount and now it simplifies everything.

I also noticed that the canister has paint missing on the left hand edge and I have two canisters that have dents in that same location. Coincidence or maybe its a modification that came from the factory? :)

Offline RocketScientist

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2016, 05:20:49 AM »
Jim, I just found your hardware listings in the library and that must have taken a huge amount of effort to compile. It has just made my life a whole much easier. Thanks....

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2016, 05:00:56 PM »
I also noticed that the canister has paint missing on the left hand edge and I have two canisters that have dents in that same location. Coincidence or maybe its a modification that came from the factory? :)

Since that are hangs down it's target for allot things that get run over  ::)
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)