Author Topic: 65 GT Trunk floor drop off  (Read 3724 times)

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
Re: 65 GT Trunk floor drop off
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2016, 11:42:57 PM »
There's a hole farther down from where the back-up light wiring would run.  I've seen that hole on all 65-66, it takes a larger grommet to fill. 

My opinion is only cars that received back-up lights had the wiring hole drilled... as supported by the buck tag or rad support call-out referred to by Jeff.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline larryharvey

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2016, 07:30:03 PM »
Guys,

Thanks for every ones replay. I think I have a better understanding of what it should be. One of my friends called me last night about his April Dearborn 6cly coupe. It has the buck hole only. No hole for back up light wiring.

I recently started cleaning the drive shaft and transmission and found pretty good paint marks.  Where should I post pic's of the markings?
65 April 13th Dearborn K code GT

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2016, 09:44:20 PM »
I recently started cleaning the drive shaft and transmission and found pretty good paint marks.  Where should I post pic's of the markings?

Currently normal practice is to state a thread and in the title state something like - Automatic T Code April 65 Dearborn Coupe Driveshaft Marks

IF you put the descriptive terms in the title it makes it easier for non-search readers to find what relates to me and their car.

You can chose to include the VIN or almost all the VIN to the test in the thread if you wish. Or how you cleaned it, a description of the colors you see (since digital colors and lightly can alter what we're seeing).  Plenty of possibilities.

Generally I would suggest first doing a search to see if there is already a thread related to the same subject and maybe adding to it so that it cuts down on multiple threads but if the two cars are not similar (example one a V8 and the other a 6 cylinder or different year) adding to the existing thread can just add confusion

Thanks for thinking ahead, collecting the info and sharing it with others that might need it
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Turnall

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2016, 09:42:43 AM »
I realize we are talking about a '65 but wanted to post a picture of my October '65 built '66 GT that shows the hole...

Allen

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2016, 06:21:38 PM »
All the drop offs I have seen, be they NOS replacements or after market have that hole in them. However, my 67 has a vent right at the front edge of the panel, just behind the wheel well opening . The holes are about 5/8" in diameter for the B/U lamp wiring.

-Keith