Author Topic: 1966 San Jose door strike markings  (Read 2291 times)

Offline KRAM350

1966 San Jose door strike markings
« on: October 18, 2015, 07:22:37 PM »
Is there a correct door striker marking for a 1966 San Jose car? I have seen some strikers with no markings and some with what seems to be an M underlined or maybe two AA 's underlined?

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
Re: 1966 San Jose door strike markings
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2015, 12:38:07 AM »
Are you referring to the base that is hidden when installed?  There is usually a date stamp there.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2015, 04:35:45 PM »
Is there a correct door striker marking for a 1966 San Jose car? I have seen some strikers with no markings and some with what seems to be an M underlined or maybe two AA 's underlined?
I have a few strikers marked as you indicate, something with an "A", a "M" and a line, visible on the outer surface. I also have some stamped with a "S", two different sizes, 3/16 in high and 3/8 in high. There is also a date code stamped on top of the actual striker post, month and year (7-65). The early ones have seven concentric rings on the top of the post with the date code inside. I just found one dated 5-66 with the rings, although all the others I have are dated 64 and early 65. Aftermarket versions are blank, and possibly NOS.
Are you referring to the base that is hidden when installed?  There is usually a date stamp there.
I find no markings on the underside, only many "punch" marks to keep the striker from moving, the same on the spacers.
Jim
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 04:40:41 PM by jwc66k »
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2015, 08:04:01 PM »
I find no markings on the underside, only many "punch" marks to keep the striker from moving, the same on the spacers.

My mistake, I thought he was referring to the latch.

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2015, 08:04:56 PM »
The ones with the rings in the middle, I have found mostly on Dearborn/Metuchen cars.  Seems to have been 2 suppliers for this part.

Offline Brian Conway

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2015, 10:52:46 PM »
Could KRAM be asking about this ?  Brian
5RO9A GT  4 Spd Built 5/29/65
9TO2R SCJ 4 Spd Built 9/19/68
Owner Driver Mechanic
San Diego, Ca.

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2015, 10:07:48 AM »
Could KRAM be asking about this ?  Brian

Yep, believe so.  That's the style I typically see on SJ cars.

Offline KRAM350

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2015, 10:29:25 PM »
Thanks all for the input. It appears I have the correct strike plates for a SJ car.

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2015, 11:59:01 PM »
The ones with the rings in the middle, I have found mostly on Dearborn/Metuchen cars.  Seems to have been 2 suppliers for this part.
I have found at least two different suppliers, one using the letter "S" and the other using a combination of "A", "M" and an underline. The concentric circles (rings) appear on the posts of both suppliers, although they are two years apart. There is more here than is apparent.
Thanks all for the input. It appears I have the correct strike plates for a SJ car.
Probably. Just for reference, why do you think you might have had incorrect ones?
Jim   
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.