Author Topic: Which vacuum unit is correct for my March 68' S code?  (Read 4765 times)

Offline mungus

Re: Which vacuum unit is correct for my March 68' S code?
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2015, 06:35:16 AM »
Dunno about CA, but from my own experience with the PO-leese in TX its more likely they'd just ask you "what y'all got under there?"  :P

Anyway many thanks for everyone's responses. So naturally I am now on the look out for a C80F-12127-D distributor body. I know they aren't easy to find, nor are they cheap, but eventually I'll get one.  ::)

On that topic, in my searches I've seen several references to faked Autoite distributors, often Boss ones, but could apply to any I imagine. Now I know the stamped model and date numbers to watch for, however as these can be filled and re stamped, I am assuming the only other way to tell would be by the raised numbers on the side of the middle section of the shaft casing (the tube). Does anybody know what they should be? Sort of the same?

Appreciate the time taken. And thanks again.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 05:20:04 AM by mungus »
March 14th 1968 - Metuchen S code Fastback
C6 auto, LS 3.25 diff, Gulfstream Aqua, Black Vinyl, Headrests, Console, GT group, PS, PB, AM/FM stereo, F70 tires, tinted glass, louvered hood.