Author Topic: original '67(Metuchen built) windshield washer reservior  (Read 1928 times)

Offline socalgt

original '67(Metuchen built) windshield washer reservior
« on: August 21, 2015, 09:27:13 PM »
What identifies an original '67IMetuchen built) windshield washer fluid reservoir as original?  I've seen FOMOCO embossed, and also some with a raised rectangular area  directly underneath the logo,

Thanks.....

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: original '67(Metuchen built) windshield washer reservior
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2015, 02:05:41 AM »
What identifies an original '67IMetuchen built) windshield washer fluid reservoir as original?  I've seen FOMOCO embossed, and also some with a raised rectangular area  directly underneath the logo,

Thanks.....
FOMOCO trademark as well as rounded resovoir on bottom .
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline mtinkham

• That'll be easy
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 01:50:10 PM »
Would this be correct?
1967 S-code Fastback, GT, 3-speed manual, Metuchen, Scheduled 04-21-1967 - Actual 04-25-1967

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2015, 07:02:54 PM »
Would this be correct?
It depends on the parameters of your expectations. I can't make out if that one has the trademark or not. It would be in about the middle of the front side of the tank. If you mean original assemblyline then it would be IF it has the FOMOCO trademark besides the rounded reservoir on the bottom . 
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline WT8095

• Dave Z.
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2015, 08:45:00 PM »
Looks like there's two different designs? Note the straight outlet and oval underneath the logo. Is this specific to 68?

I got this out of a junkyard car in about 1986. Not sure why I kept a busted one...
Dave Z.

'68 fastback, S-code + C6. Special Paint (Rainbow promotion), DSO 710784. Actual build date 2/7/1968, San Jose.
'69 Cougar convertible, 351W-2V + FMX, Meadowlark Yellow.

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2015, 10:30:08 PM »
Looks like there's two different designs? Note the straight outlet and oval underneath the logo. Is this specific to 68?

I got this out of a junkyard car in about 1986. Not sure why I kept a busted one...
The one without the reservoir is a later service version. That is the one the aftermarket chose to repro first.  The ones with the reservoir on the bottom were assemblyline .

Offline WT8095

• Dave Z.
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2015, 11:00:36 PM »
The one without the reservoir is a later service version. That is the one the aftermarket chose to repro first.  The ones with the reservoir on the bottom were assemblyline .

That's good news! I recently picked up a nice original one at a rather good price. I was starting to worry that I got the wrong one!
Dave Z.

'68 fastback, S-code + C6. Special Paint (Rainbow promotion), DSO 710784. Actual build date 2/7/1968, San Jose.
'69 Cougar convertible, 351W-2V + FMX, Meadowlark Yellow.

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2015, 11:56:45 PM »
FYI for those reading ,there are two repros available, one without the bubble reservoir on the bottom but with a FOMOCO trademark and another with the bubble reservoir but without the FOMOCO trademark. Nether one is assemblyline correct but ether will make suitable a replacement if absolute assemblyline correctness is not a issue.