Author Topic: Nugget Gold Crinkle and Kiwi Vinyl, Luxury Interior -ANYONE have a picture?  (Read 2145 times)

Offline Matt1968

1968 Nugget Gold Crinkle and Kiwi Vinyl, Luxury Interior

Anyone know of a close up picture of what "crinkle and Kiwi vinyl is ? (any color)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 04:18:35 PM by Matt1968 »

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
1968 Nugget Gold Crinkle and Kiwi Vinyl, Luxury Interior

My books do not use those terms for descriptions.

Got a trim code I can cross check with door tags or buildsheets for a possible picture?

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
6Y

I can work with that. Unfortunately haven't spent many years taking interior pictures. Allot less requests for those

Here is some shots of another 6Y  car - later 68 San Jose car

Different car and body type - same 6Y interior code

And a few close ups of the materials used originally. grain and texture seems to depend allot on wear and angle of the shot

This one is where the front seat folds forward - appears that the texture has been reduced by usage/wear. 6A interior

One from a very protected area that has not see much usage or even light over the years. Bottom edge of the rear seat  6A interior

And one very close up of the bottom cushion of a bucket seat 6A - original upholstery. Hope this helps

Jeff Speegle

Offline Matt1968

Today is the first time I have seen a mustang upholstery description with "crinkle and Kiwi vinyl "   I don't see anything crinkle and kiwi in those pictures....just standard seats.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Today is the first time I have seen a mustang upholstery description with "crinkle and Kiwi vinyl "   I don't see anything crinkle and kiwi in those pictures....just standard seats.

The marketing guys often used different names from the same think used the year before (like body colors). Made things "special" Interior style also referred to as just vinyl in some of my reference books. The look of the material (inserts and surrounding - different in look) appear to me to be very similar/same as used on the 69's - also referred to as vinyl in those same reference book. Inserts almost have an alligator look to me  ::)

Not really important IMHO what they call it - much more important to get the right stuff ;)
Jeff Speegle