Author Topic: HEH-T transmission  (Read 1302 times)

priceless

HEH-T transmission
« on: March 22, 2015, 08:53:57 PM »
I found an HEH-T transmission. It has the HEH-T tag, but the transmission body date code is D28 (April 28). Shouldn't the date code for an HEH-T transmission be August 20th,'64 (date code H) thru October 1st,'64 (date code K). It shows the D28 right below the C5AR-7006-D body code.  Funny, it has what appears to be a factory HEH-T tag, but the date of D28 don't correlate.

Thoughts anyone?
Thanks,
Rich

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
Re: HEH-T transmission
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 11:22:38 PM »
The MPC is wrong on that detail, the HEH-T was used well into '65 production.  Is there a VIN stamp?

Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

priceless

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 09:51:57 AM »
No, no VIN >:( I looked closely and all I could see under the C5AR# was D28, I didn't see a 4 or 5 in the date code.

I attached a photo from the mustangtek site of a C5AR under HEH-T trans, and it appears to have a 4 at the end of the H21, but I can't hardly tell.(attachment tranny #2).

I did manage to get one photo (attachment IMG_1735),  I notice the owner seemed to be antsy, so the one photo was all I could get. It doesn't even have the correct tail shaft, it currently has a C6OR tail shaft and it suppose to be a C4DR.  But it DOES have the HEH-T tag. The tag looks original and with the original rivet, that's where I'm confused.

If it IS an HEH-T, then I want to snap it up, but I'd like be sure.

Thanks for any help :)   

Offline mustang65ld

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 10:02:54 AM »
The VIN could be stamped in a few different locations if it ever was stamped. Checked the center of the bottom of the main case; possibly the rear most tab on the underside; or even on one of the sides of the front "ears" where it bolts up to the bellhousing. The pieces of the HEH-T worth the money are the internals, tag, along with a correct tail shaft. All of these can be had to cobble together a fake HEH-T.