Author Topic: Hood bumpers  (Read 3735 times)

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Hood bumpers
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2015, 04:22:13 PM »
I didn't know there were 2 screw type versions, guessing mine is the beveled edge?

Beveled or just deformed from compression - more than another??

I go with deformed - have dozens of these pulled from cars - all different sizes and shapes now that they have been used for 50 years
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2015, 09:27:32 PM »
Some will be deformed, yes, but it will be obvious like on one side or edge.  There is definitely a flat-top version and beveled version... basically like the later non-screw type.  Early cars had flat top, later beveled, no idea of changeover or plant-specific.  I can tell you the 64.5 coupe I restored last year had flat ones since I had the originals re-plated.  The SJ cars around Jan/Feb that I dabbled in had the screw-type, beveled.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2015, 09:43:59 PM »
Some will be deformed, yes, but it will be obvious like on one side or edge.  There is definitely a flat-top version and beveled version... basically like the later non-screw type.  Early cars had flat top, later beveled, no idea of changeover or plant-specific.  I can tell you the 64.5 coupe I restored last year had flat ones since I had the originals re-plated.  The SJ cars around Jan/Feb that I dabbled in had the screw-type, beveled.

Maybe domed with screw verses flat flat with screw might be a better description. I was more focused on the sides/edges rather than the top surface with the description and words used.

Just a thought  :)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 10:18:08 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2015, 10:17:54 PM »
The sides/edges are the main difference, but tapers from the middle.  Basically think about the 66 style, the beveled type I'm referring to looks like that, but has the hole in the middle, exposing the philips head.  The earlier with the hole are flat, 90 degree at the edge. 
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin