Author Topic: 70 front wire harness  (Read 1033 times)

Offline kcodecoupe

70 front wire harness
« on: January 27, 2015, 09:46:13 AM »
What type of front headlight harness clip retainers clips were used on a metuchen B2 car on the left front shock tower, left front fender apron, through the lower oblong hole in the radiator support, were they the T shaped push through or the loop style, also did the front harness come back through the right side radiator support lower oblong hole for anyrthing , i searched but didnt see what i was looking for , thanks for the help, chuck.

Offline midlife

• Wiring Guru---let me check your shorts!
  • Global Moderator
    • Midlife Harness Restorations
Re: 70 front wire harness
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 10:27:58 AM »
All 70 headlight harnesses used the "T" type clips (black), with longer standoffs than the usual ones found elsewhere.  They are stapled to a hard plastic strip that extends from just beyond the firewall connector to just past the water pump wiring breakout.

I don't have good information as to what happens on the right side of the radiator support.
Midlife Harness Restorations - http://midlifeharness.com

Offline kcodecoupe

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 02:12:56 PM »
Thanks midlfe, i think that a 69 charging and voltage regulator circuits pass through the rt frt rad support lower hole as a 68 does unlike a 70,  i could be wrong .

Offline midlife

• Wiring Guru---let me check your shorts!
  • Global Moderator
    • Midlife Harness Restorations
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 09:30:49 PM »
Thanks midlfe, i think that a 69 charging and voltage regulator circuits pass through the rt frt rad support lower hole as a 68 does unlike a 70,  i could be wrong .

Yes, part of the charging circuitry is embedded in the 1969 headlight harness but not in the 1970 headlight harness.
Midlife Harness Restorations - http://midlifeharness.com