Author Topic: Just purchased 1970 MACH 1, survivor.  (Read 7394 times)

priceless

Re: Just purchased 1970 MACH 1, survivor.
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2014, 08:26:10 AM »
That is so nice, so nice to show us and so nice to see an unmolested car!   

Not all have to be Boss's  SCJ's or Shelbys.   Collectors that have "restored" cars now long for original cars.   The market is funny MOST HERE have properly restored cars that they did themselves.     SO many of the "auction" cars are mutted together, aren't proven and some go from venue to trailer to garage to venue.   Buyers that find they can't drive their cars due to this are now looking elsewhere.

Again  GOOD FOR YOU TWO!    Enjoy and be good to each other.  And thanks for sharing - that's what we do.

Mark
Thanks svo2scj :) And on top of that, we drive our Mach1 and our 67. Matter of fact, we drove the Mach the day before yesterday to Zaxby's to eat ! We usually drive them both about 700-1000 miles a year. LOVE TO DRIVE THE MACH!!! We just had the original motor rebuilt a few years ago and I had my builder to put a roller cam and lifters back in, and it still sounds stock, he dyno'ed it at 300 HP. Enough power for me...LOL

Offline Shelby1962

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2015, 06:58:09 PM »
While checking out the car I removed the vents in the door jam to see how the inside of the quarters look, I spot a coffee cup inside. Quality is job 1 on the assembly line.
I had a chance to look through the paperwork from the prioir owner, amazing. It has a log book of everytime he drove it over the last 21 years and 10,000 miles. Mileage out and back, how it ran and gas mileage. Lists every maintenance by date, down to replacing bulbs. I've never seen such a detailed history. All the paperwork  from day one to now.
1970 MACH 1
1926 Model T
1971 AM General 5 ton
1986 Mustang GT
1926 Pierce Arrow
Past rides...
1970 BOSS 429
68 1/2 KR
'07 GT500
'70 GT500
'67 GT500
Daytona Coupe, FFR
'31 Model A
Terminator
SVO

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2015, 09:34:47 AM »
While checking out the car I removed the vents in the door jam to see how the inside of the quarters look, I spot a coffee cup inside. Quality is job 1 on the assembly line.
I had a chance to look through the paperwork from the prioir owner, amazing. It has a log book of everytime he drove it over the last 21 years and 10,000 miles. Mileage out and back, how it ran and gas mileage. Lists every maintenance by date, down to replacing bulbs. I've never seen such a detailed history. All the paperwork  from day one to now.

I imagine this P.O. also does not like the term "OCD" because the letters are out of alphbetical order!  ;D
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2015, 01:44:30 PM »
I imagine this P.O. also does not like the term "OCD" because the letters are out of alphbetical order!  ;D
It's quite possible that the owner was a pilot and used to keeping records. My father was a pilot and did keep detailed car mileage records plus the cars service data. I was taught by him and continue the practice. It came in handy when my insurance company placed one of my cars in a higher rate class based on their perceived mileage. I proved them wrong with the detailed mileage records.
OCD is a disease that you might try. It seems to do a lot but accomplishes nothing.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline midlife

• Wiring Guru---let me check your shorts!
  • Global Moderator
    • Midlife Harness Restorations
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2015, 08:59:40 PM »
It's quite possible that the owner was a pilot and used to keeping records. My father was a pilot and did keep detailed car mileage records plus the cars service data. I was taught by him and continue the practice. It came in handy when my insurance company placed one of my cars in a higher rate class based on their perceived mileage. I proved them wrong with the detailed mileage records.
OCD is a disease that you might try. It seems to do a lot but accomplishes nothing.
Jim
I resemble that remark; I keep meticulous track of all of my mileage, expenses, and all in chronological order, thank you very much.
Midlife Harness Restorations - http://midlifeharness.com

Offline blackjadeboss

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2015, 01:59:32 PM »
I love the CC car.

I just picked up an original owner 70 Mach with mostly original paint, He broke the motor in .... 1975 and parked it.

Started another thread re: that ....
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 09:52:03 PM by blackjadeboss »

Offline rockhouse66

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2015, 08:08:03 PM »
Congrats on your Cobra Jet purchase Keith!  Start a new thread and tell/show us all the details!
Jim
'66 GT FB

Offline rodster

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2015, 09:18:36 PM »
Good year for me when it comes to Calypso!

I'd say!!   

Anxious to see some pictures. ;)
1965 Dearborn Mustang Coupe
Raven Black - Palomino Pony
1967 Dearborn Mustang Conv.
Wimbeldon White - Red
1984 SVO - 2A

Offline drummingrocks

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2015, 03:18:08 PM »
Sweet car, the thing that stands out to me is front seats are red where gray stripe is supposed to be. Maybe someone painted to match the car?

I think you're confusing the Calypso car with Priceless's '69 Mach 1.  The Calypso Coral '70 has the grey stripe in the seat.
Too much junk, too little time.