Author Topic: NOS and Rebuilt Parts--Time to Go  (Read 3076 times)

Offline wunderwerks

NOS and Rebuilt Parts--Time to Go
« on: March 06, 2015, 09:54:07 PM »
NOS Gold R 1-A Oil Filter  ebay # 181677253657
Carter X Fuel Pump Rebuilt with Ford kit  ebay # 181677068760

I'm retired, not building any more cars and my shelves have got to get cleared out.  These are currently priced well below the market and will definitely sell as they have NO RESERVE.  Auction ends Sunday evening.
64.5 Cpe. Poppy Red 5F07D 23G
64.5 Conv. Bright Cherry Sparkle 5F08F 16F
65 2 + 2 Caspian Blue 5F09K  23K

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: NOS and Rebuilt Parts--Time to Go
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2015, 03:46:51 AM »
NOS Gold R 1-A Oil Filter  ebay # 181677253657
Carter X Fuel Pump Rebuilt with Ford kit  ebay # 181677068760

I'm retired, not building any more cars and my shelves have got to get cleared out.  These are currently priced well below the market and will definitely sell as they have NO RESERVE.  Auction ends Sunday evening.
Why does this filter not have any of the fluted crimping on the end like the other 60's FL1 filters ?
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline wunderwerks

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2015, 10:02:28 AM »
Bob, I can't answer that.  I'd be glad to take more pictures and send them to you.  By the fact that I have had this on my shelf for nearly 3 decades and that I had originally purchased it from the estate of a Ford parts collector led me to feel this was original Ford NOS.  Was the FL-1 physical configuration the only original supplier for Ford filters?

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2015, 02:04:08 PM »
Bob, I can't answer that.  I'd be glad to take more pictures and send them to you.  By the fact that I have had this on my shelf for nearly 3 decades and that I had originally purchased it from the estate of a Ford parts collector led me to feel this was original Ford NOS.  Was the FL-1 physical configuration the only original supplier for Ford filters?
The double crimped fluted end is the only known genuine type I have seen from the era. Before the current fluted end repros came out it was typical to see the sticker (which was available for about 20- 25 years) attached to a painted gold smooth end filter like your picture. I have a 65 version red filter with the logo silkscreen on it with the smooth end like your gold one and always thought it was a repro because of the end . I was asking hoping that you had more definitive information to prove if genuine or not. Maybe someone else knows. At the very least it is not typical compared to the vast majority of service filters IMO.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline acman63

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2015, 04:13:43 PM »
Thats one of the early repros - we sold the guy the decals

Offline wunderwerks

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2015, 02:00:24 PM »
Who did you sell the decals to?

Offline wunderwerks

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2015, 03:14:12 PM »
I have refunded the buyer's payment in full and cancelled the sale.  By the fact that I had this filter for so many years, I had no idea that reproductions were even available 25 plus years ago.  Bob, thanks for bringing this to my attention as I absolutely do not want to misrepresent any part I would ever sell.

I do not know who aceman63 is referring to in saying that "we sold the guy the decals", but if he referring to me the statement is totally false.  I wonder what the purpose is of his statement?

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2015, 04:06:11 PM »
I have refunded the buyer's payment in full and cancelled the sale.  By the fact that I had this filter for so many years, I had no idea that reproductions were even available 25 plus years ago.  Bob, thanks for bringing this to my attention as I absolutely do not want to misrepresent any part I would ever sell.

I do not know who aceman63 is referring to in saying that "we sold the guy the decals", but if he referring to me the statement is totally false.  I wonder what the purpose is of his statement?
I am positive acman63 was referring to the repro mfg at the time that your filter came from and not you personally. I think you did the right think with the ebay buyer . I think you showed integrity by doing it.   

Offline acman63

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2015, 09:50:08 PM »
yes we sold the vendor the decals that was making these filters.  Its been many years I don't recall the vendor