Author Topic: Factory option? JK  (Read 1611 times)

Offline Philma

Factory option? JK
« on: July 19, 2014, 06:37:42 PM »
Here is what I found on both sides of the car under the rear air vents. First  thought it was a still, no such luck. Turns out it was a funnel screwed to the underside of the vent frame, to catch water and direct it out through the rocker panel by way of a rubber hose. Nice idea only wish they had the same idea up front in the cowl where the water rotted out my floor pans. Officially a Fred Flintstone mobile.
66 Fastback GT
6T09A16XXXX
Silver Blue

Offline Dudley

Re: Factory option? JK
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2014, 07:13:43 PM »
owner installed?
sold my sig pix Mustang to Marcus Anghel in Sept 2017 -- 1968 Mustang coupe 11,900 mile unrestored-June 19,1968 SJ build. ON COVER OF MCA MUSTANG TIMES APRIL 2018 with feature article. My personal Pix available at :  http://www.allfordmustangs.com/photopost/showphoto.php/photo/137299/ppuser

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2014, 07:16:04 PM »
Here is what I found on both sides of the car under the rear air vents. First  thought it was a still, no such luck. Turns out it was a funnel screwed to the underside of the vent frame, to catch water and direct it out through the rocker panel by way of a rubber hose. Nice idea only wish they had the same idea up front in the cowl where the water rotted out my floor pans. Officially a Fred Flintstone mobile.

Should have posted this one in the What Was the PO Thinking? That's Not Concours :) thread  :)

Would have fit wll

http://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?topic=6386.0
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Philma

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2014, 07:37:33 PM »
Sorry about the post, I need to look further into where I am posting. My bad
66 Fastback GT
6T09A16XXXX
Silver Blue

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2014, 09:00:19 PM »
No not a problem - just would have fit well with he other

I'll merge the two when I get the chance
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)