Author Topic: Passenger side rear view mirror placement  (Read 862 times)

Offline nham3407

Passenger side rear view mirror placement
« on: December 28, 2014, 01:32:01 PM »
A concession being made for convenience and safety.  My car came with the remote drivers side mirror and I have decided to add the matching passanger side mirror.  Does anyone have dimensions for proper placement of the passanger side mirror on the door available?  Pictures would also be appreciated.

Thank you
Brian
67 GT S-Code, San Jose, 06/67
72 Mach 1, Dearborn, 01/72
68 Merc. Cyclone, Lorain, 12/67 (Red)
68 Merc. Cyclone, Lorain, 6/68 (White)

Offline dave6768

Re: Passenger side rear view mirror placement
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2014, 02:24:30 PM »
I don't know the answer, but why wouldn't it be the same as the drivers?  I added one to my 67 years ago and just matched the drivers side.  (The mirror was removed last time I painted the car.  At the time, I was a poor college student and could not afford to replace the plastic curtain in the top that was impossible to see thru.  I bought a JC Whitney mirror so I could see on the right side.)

Offline jwc66k

Re: Passenger side rear view mirror placement
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2014, 04:13:14 PM »
It's simple: put some masking tape down on the door where you think the mirror should go; move it forward and backwards enough so you can open the vent window; move it so the base fits the door contour; make sure you can see from the drivers seat; mark the holes and drill. The drivers side uses two nutserts and a two machine screws to attach the deluxe mirror. If you have a nutsert inserting tool you might consider that method of installation, otherwise a pair of oval head screws do just fine. On my 66 daily driver hardtop, I added a 4 inch dia. convex mirror to that side for a wider view. It comes in handy when backing into a tight space, but needs that "objects look" warning for road use.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.