Author Topic: -67 convertible interior questions  (Read 905 times)

Offline luddde

-67 convertible interior questions
« on: September 28, 2014, 08:38:09 PM »
Hi there guys! I've visited your site for a while and it looks like I'm gonna find a lot of information here. I recently joined the Mustang owners gang by buying a 67 vert. It's going to get on the long ride back to what it once came out of the factory like. This aint gonna happen for probably a few years, since I (as you can see in my avatar) don't have an adequate garage for restoring a car yet. And once I've gotten that, I feel like I have to start with my other project (a -77 Mazda rx-5) wich has been in molecules for 10 years.
Well, here's the deal: Of course there's gonna be a LOT of questions and I also want to start obtaining stuff so I thought I'm gonna use this thread for most of my questions, picking it up every now and then when I've got something to ask. And I'll start right now with something that has bothered me today:
For the parchment interior, was there a parchment colored dash pad and floor carpet, or did they all come with black dito? Couldn't find anything on the net that really convinced me.
Right now it's candyapple red with red carpet, black interior, a -68 manual console, sitting atop an auto-shifter bezel, with no boot on it so you see the shifter bezel down the hole in the console! Cute!   ::) Also got some cheap glue-on repro aluminum on the dash that makes one wanna dig out ones eyes with a table spoon when looking at it.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 09:02:31 PM by luddde »
7T03C147438
76B
X
6U
15L
W

Factory options:
7.35X14-4 Ply Rated Tires - White Sidewall Rayon Tires - Console - Deluxe Steering Wheel - Power Steering - AM Radio - Exterior Decor Group - Interior Decor Group - Tinted Glass - Deluxe Seat Belts - Wire Wheel Covers

Offline luddde

Re: -67 convertible interior questions
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2014, 08:47:48 PM »
I also wonder, since there were only 4848 luxury verts made in -67, do you think mine is rare in any way, based on the specs and options you see in my signature or is it just one among the others? Also, excuse me for my somewhat mediocre english!
7T03C147438
76B
X
6U
15L
W

Factory options:
7.35X14-4 Ply Rated Tires - White Sidewall Rayon Tires - Console - Deluxe Steering Wheel - Power Steering - AM Radio - Exterior Decor Group - Interior Decor Group - Tinted Glass - Deluxe Seat Belts - Wire Wheel Covers

Offline carlite65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2014, 09:09:51 PM »
welcome to the site! a lot of questions can be answered by using the search feature here. first thing i would do is obtain a marti report. http://www.martiauto.com this will tell how the car was originally equipped. then you can decide just how original appearing you may want to make it.
5F09C331248

Offline luddde

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2014, 09:32:58 PM »
Thanx for the welcome! I got a marti report, my factory options are listed in my signature below.
7T03C147438
76B
X
6U
15L
W

Factory options: