Author Topic: Brass Tee for Automatic Transmission and Power Brakes  (Read 918 times)

Offline suskeenwiske

• 214-347-3628
Brass Tee for Automatic Transmission and Power Brakes
« on: January 14, 2014, 10:52:47 PM »
For the 1965 and possibly other model years there was a Brass Tee used whenever the vehicle had both Power Brakes and an Automatic Transmission. The Tee threaded into the back of the Intake Manifold on V8 Models and on the side of the Intake Manifold on the Inline 6.

What I'm hoping to find is someone who has the V8 version, (pictured), from which I can get a measurement. The measurement I'm looking for is the inside diameter of the male end that threads into the Intake or if anyone happens to have the 6 Cylinder version, and would like to sell one, I'll go that route. But being I haven't been able to find the 6 Cylinder version, I may have better luck finding the V8 Tee; I need the measurement first though to see if I can make that work.

If anyone can help, I would very much appreciate it if you would post the measurement.

Thanks

Ray
Ray
1965 Dearborn Coupe
6 Cylinder, AT, PB, PS, AC
Est. Build 23A

Offline C5ZZ

Re: Brass Tee for Automatic Transmission and Power Brakes
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 12:36:37 AM »
Ray, Here is picture of one on a 66 6 cyl.
MCA # 00945

65 Fastback, 6 cyl, AT, AC, PS, PB
Rangoon Red/Red Interior

Offline suskeenwiske

• 214-347-3628
Re: Brass Tee for Automatic Transmission and Power Brakes
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 08:43:18 PM »
It's the Tee I'm looking for...I think you tried to help me with this before. Since I can't find the 6-Cylinder version and having it made is too expensive, I'm going to try modifying the Tee used on the 8-Cylinders. The PB and AT Tubing sizes are the same but the Male thread is too large. Someone suggested I drill and tap the 6-Cylinder Intake to fit the V8 version; may be easier but not an option I want to pursue.

My hope is that I can mill down the V8 version to a 1/4" thread but I have a feeling that there is not enough brass material to do that. I can however, cut off the Male portion, sweat in a piece of Brass Rod, drill a hole through the center and then cut a 1/4" thread; the modification will be nearly invisible and once on the engine undetectable.

There are a couple of swap meets coming up; I'll check there first. If no luck, I'll try modifying a V8 Tee.

Thanks

Ray
Ray
1965 Dearborn Coupe
6 Cylinder, AT, PB, PS, AC
Est. Build 23A