Author Topic: 1965 Interior "Appointments"  (Read 1033 times)

Offline GMac65

1965 Interior "Appointments"
« on: November 23, 2013, 02:45:25 AM »
Hello,

I have been researching the interior of my 65 coupe which I want to keep stock and keep getting different answers. I think that I have settled all of my questions with the exception of the original carpet color

I entered the trim code of my car (D8) into the Mustang Decoder and it indicated that my stock interior was White Crinkle Vinyl with Ivy Gold Appointments. Someone told me that what Ford called Ivy Gold is actually very much green. The dash pad and metal trim on the dash pad of my car are both green. I am confident that these are the correct original colors for these appointments.  The only item that appears like it could be Ivy Gold is the carpet. However, someone explained to me that the stock dark green carpets look gold as they age and fade. Given the shoddy condition of my car's carpet, I believe that it is the factory installed original. 

Are there any experts on this site who can confirm the original color of these items and especially the carpet?

Thank you in advance.

Offline mgmradio

• Global Moderator
Re: 1965 Interior "Appointments"
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, 03:40:49 PM »
The carpet should be green like the dash pad and trim. It turns a gold color when it fades.
Formerly the MCA ANHJ 64.5-66!

Offline GMac65

Re: 1965 Interior "Appointments"
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2013, 06:35:45 PM »
Thank you!