Author Topic: 5/14/69 Dearborn... Did all Mustangs come w/a cigarette lighter?  (Read 1230 times)

Offline DeadStang

5/14/69 Dearborn... Did all Mustangs come w/a cigarette lighter?
« on: November 11, 2013, 10:31:55 PM »
The car is a convertible with a standard interior and a console on the Marti report.  The console in the car is standard blue (matches interior) and has no cigarette lighter.  The underdash wiring harness is different than those of my '69 Machs, where I hook the console wiring up; it seems to be missing the 2-prong connector...it's like the wiring harness from one of my Coupes that doesn't have a console and just the cigarette lighter under the radio in the dash.  Could a Mustang possibly come without a cigarette lighter "back in the day," with a console?  I find that difficult to believe that it was an option you could delete.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: 5/14/69 Dearborn... Did all Mustangs come w/a cigarette lighter?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 11:11:34 PM »
What is in the hole (in the console) were the lighter holder would be?
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline DeadStang

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 11:52:09 PM »
There is no hole in the console.  It looks like a '70 console, but has a C9 part number (I think that's how they all are?  I only have 1969 Mustangs--no 1970s).  We always assumed it was just a blue '70 part stuck in to replace the blue original, until we got the correct box w/the cigarette lighter hole.  Put that together with the little console wiring harness, and then figured out that the wiring under the dash wouldn't hook up with the console wiring.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 10:45:39 PM »
There is no hole in the console.  It looks like a '70 console, but has a C9 part number (I think that's how they all are?  I only have 1969 Mustangs--no 1970s).  We always assumed it was just a blue '70 part stuck in to replace the blue original, until we got the correct box w/the cigarette lighter hole.  Put that together with the little console wiring harness, and then figured out that the wiring under the dash wouldn't hook up with the console wiring.

Hmm got me there. Would have to dig up a few 70 consoles to check out the casting/engineering numbers. Don't think the Cougars were different in that area so that's not an answer in 69 :(
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)