Author Topic: Front Seat Belt Anchors  (Read 943 times)

Offline suskeenwiske

• 214-347-3628
Front Seat Belt Anchors
« on: October 18, 2013, 09:02:04 PM »
I'm curious if anyone else has come across this. I have an early '65 Coupe T-Code Automatic built in January that has the front seat belt anchors further forward on the shaft tunnel than those found on reproduction floor pans. The passenger side anchor is a good 3" further forward just behind the seat platform; the driver side not as much. I also recently saw another '65 coupe, C Code Automatic, with the same anchor placement as mine. Does anyone know if there was a special reason for this or is it just how they were made at that time?

Thanks

Ray
Ray
1965 Dearborn Coupe
6 Cylinder, AT, PB, PS, AC
Est. Build 23A

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Front Seat Belt Anchors
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2013, 12:54:32 AM »
I'm curious if anyone else has come across this. I have an early '65 Coupe T-Code Automatic built in January

Jan 65 built? That would make it a mid year build rather than an early one ;)

........that has the front seat belt anchors further forward on the shaft tunnel than those found on reproduction floor pans. The passenger side anchor is a good 3" further forward just behind the seat platform; the driver side not as much. I also recently saw another '65 coupe, C Code Automatic, with the same anchor placement as mine. Does anyone know if there was a

Guess yoru assuming that the reproduction floor you looked at are made correctly.

Are the measurements to the front and rear edge of the floor panel? 
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline suskeenwiske

• 214-347-3628
Re: Front Seat Belt Anchors
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2013, 02:30:24 PM »
I guess I meant built early in 1965; as I always tell my kids...go by what I mean, not what I say; thanks for straightening me out. It does have some 64-1/2 features I'm pleased with; chrome wiper posts and the letter A on the air vent knob.

Anyway, yes, the measurements are from the edges of the floor pan. The reproductions I saw were made in Canada and claimed to be correct; they obviously are not. Other than that I've only seen photos of partial and complete floor pans made by various manufacturers; all had the anchors set farther back.
Ray
1965 Dearborn Coupe
6 Cylinder, AT, PB, PS, AC
Est. Build 23A