Author Topic: 66 fastback wiring harness  (Read 2150 times)

Offline jbarela

66 fastback wiring harness
« on: October 23, 2013, 02:15:12 AM »
Ok..need some help..tried looking at my electrical assy manual but its no use...so....my tail light harness has three wires that come off the end of it that end up under the dash. One of them is a three prong connector(male and two female) plugged that in no problem. Next one is a two pin female connector..no problem connecting that. The last wire is the single male pin connector black with blue stripe wire. I see that  is power for my courtesy lights on my back panels but where does it plug into at in the dash? I have no available female single pin connectors with same color wiring to connect it to. The only wire that is not connected out of the main harness in the dash is a single pin female connector that is a white wire and I have no idea what plugs into that because I don't have any extra wires anywhere that will plug into it..any help....

Offline midlife

• Wiring Guru---let me check your shorts!
  • Global Moderator
    • Midlife Harness Restorations
Re: 66 fastback wiring harness
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 07:51:46 AM »
There's a two wire black/blue female bullet plug up near the fuse box.  That's where that male bullet would plug into.

The white wire with black female bullet is for washer power, IIRC.
Midlife Harness Restorations - http://midlifeharness.com

Offline jbarela

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 02:57:33 PM »
Thank you so much for your help...I could not believe it..sure enough the wire for the black blue wire connection was right near the fuse box..it is about an inch and a half tail out of the main harness that's why I did not see it...so I kept looking for the white wire that will plug into the female bullet white wire..the only other white wire anywhere in that mess is one that is in the windshield wiper harness and that goes from windshield wiper plug to the wiper motor. Could you explain to me some more about that wire and what should plug into it? we have a two speed wiper and the two wires from the washer pump are already plugged in under the dash...do you have a pic or diagram that would show me? Thank you again so so much for your help.. jrbjr71@yahoo.com

Offline jbarela

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 03:11:18 PM »
actualy it was a single wire black blue female plug near the fuse box.

Offline midlife

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 09:47:41 PM »
Gotta be a two wire female bullet...trust me.  The single leads on a 65/66 for blue/black are the courtesy lights that hang under the dash.

The black wire with the white female bullet is ACC fused power and is sometimes used for the wiper system.  Believe it or not, I've never been able to adequately figure out the wiper system in relation to its wiring...probably because the wiring rarely fails.  Anyway, I believe this female bullet is left alone in almost all applications.

Offline jbarela

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2013, 02:22:23 AM »
Thanks so much for your help..at least I know now its ok for the white wire to be plugged into nothing or nothing plugged into it...I will double check my wiring for the underdash courtesy lights..thank you for your help..

Offline jbarela

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2013, 04:59:51 PM »
Bam!! and yes you were right of course...don't know how I doubted you  :) Thank you so much for all your help!!! cluster is screwed back in and ready to go!!

Offline jbarela

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2013, 01:39:09 PM »
PM sent.....I tested yesterday and all electrical working except all power to dash lights, radio and tach..what do you think

Offline midlife

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2013, 10:42:17 PM »
PM replied, and everything is working now.