Author Topic: door vent window felt  (Read 1093 times)

Offline Angela

door vent window felt
« on: August 11, 2013, 06:45:49 PM »
I have not been able to find a source for this short strip of felt attached to the door vent window channel bracket. It is stapled onto the metal hardware. Can anyone site a source for this piece? It doesn't appear that these pieces come in the "repops" kit or any other window felt kit I can find. One of my original pieces of felt is missing...

Help?

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
Re: door vent window felt
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 02:04:15 PM »
Looks like the same as the door fuzzy belt moldings.  That one looks ok to me though, I would probably just leave it.

It's interesting to note that this was changed to a plastic bumper later on in production.  One of the many running changes during '67 production.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline TLea

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 09:12:16 PM »
It is the same as door felts. When I tear down a car I save one of the old felts to cut and use
Tim Lea  Shelby concours judge MCA, SAAC, Mid America

Offline Angela

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2013, 12:56:31 PM »
Thanks for the advice folks. The felt in this area of the other door is totally shot.... if I can locate a good piece of original felt to replace this section in question, how are you guys attaching the "new" (old but good) felt? They were originally held with staples, yet I'm not sure how I'd install a new staple. Would weatherstrip adhesive work?

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2013, 01:11:51 PM »
Use new staples, same as a coupe/convertible rear interior quarter and same as rubber on inner fender splash shields.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin