Author Topic: 69 Mach 1 Carpet Installation  (Read 1373 times)

Offline G Wood

69 Mach 1 Carpet Installation
« on: August 02, 2013, 02:15:37 PM »
I have been looking through posts but I cannot locate information regarding the correct location for the seam (or overlap) for my Mach 1 carpet. Did the front section lay flat on the floor or does it come up the seat mount pan and get screwed in place? Does it lay flat and the back piece comes down the front of the seat mount pan, etc? Are screws used in any areas to fasten the carpet.

Thanks in advance.
65 Caspian Blue Fastback C Code, 11/4/64 SJ Build
70 Boss 302 9/29/69 Dearborn Build
12 Black GT500 SVT Convertible

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: 69 Mach 1 Carpet Installation
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 06:19:47 PM »
The finished edge on the rear carpet was designed to go over the unfinished front

The front is often (originally ) a bit short and with shrinkage can come up short leaving an exposed section of floor pan that can sometimes look terrible and distracting especially is a bright colored car. I've used black duct tape to pull and hole the front section up and under in the past.

Check your seat panes for the screw holes. Have seen them both ways on 69's. Sure work better IMHO when they are there
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline G Wood

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 08:00:46 PM »
Thanks Jeff
65 Caspian Blue Fastback C Code, 11/4/64 SJ Build
70 Boss 302 9/29/69 Dearborn Build
12 Black GT500 SVT Convertible

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2013, 07:14:12 PM »
Remember that the rear carpet typically covers all of the seat riser and hanges down a little on the front face rather than like earlier carpets where the front covers the front surface and extends on top of the seat riser for a couple of inches. At least my original carpet is that way.

Check before you poke ;)
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)