Author Topic: 64.5 Leaf Springs  (Read 1624 times)

Offline DM_1964

64.5 Leaf Springs
« on: February 11, 2013, 09:03:04 AM »
Question regarding leaf springs for a 64.5, would the correct part number be C4ZA-5556-B?

Would appreciate a pic if someone has them...
Regards,
Dom
64 1/2 Caspian Blue Convertible - Dearborn

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: 64.5 Leaf Springs
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 03:53:32 PM »
Depends on the application (body style, engine size, AC- non AC ......) Likely 8-12 different springs used during most years and time periods
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline DM_1964

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 08:58:23 PM »
Depends on the application (body style, engine size, AC- non AC ......) Likely 8-12 different springs used during most years and time periods
Jeff, in my case it's a Dearborn convertible 289 non-AC, hope that helps narrow it down, somewhere over time they've been replaced : (
Is it just the bottom spring I'd need with the part number, there's a couple floating around on eBay...
Regards,
Dom

Offline DM_1964

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 05:28:08 AM »
anyone else have any leaf spring part number knowledge that would suit a Dearborn 64 1/2 D-code convertible, non A/C
Regards,
Dom

Offline DM_1964

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 02:35:13 AM »
Found the following chart if that helps others...
Regards,
Dom

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2013, 10:30:55 PM »
Found the following chart if that helps others...

Not sure where you found the chart - lots of other springs missing from that mix. Thing it was likely assembled off a MPC which showed what springs were available at time of publication after applications were combined to reduce inventory needs

Just though I would mention it ;)
Jeff Speegle

Offline DM_1964

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2013, 11:08:12 PM »
Not sure where you found the chart - lots of other springs missing from that mix. Thing it was likely assembled off a MPC which showed what springs were available at time of publication after applications were combined to reduce inventory needs

Just though I would mention it ;)

Hey Jeff, I found it on a website whilst googling trying to find some leaf spring information that would help me in my quest, there's not much out there, it's all about reproduction springs these days...
Is it worth following what's written in the MPC or be happy if I can find anything within a date range prior to the scheduled build?
Regards,
Dom

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2013, 11:04:53 PM »
Hey Jeff, I found it on a website whilst googling trying to find some leaf spring information that would help me in my quest, there's not much out there, it's all about reproduction springs these days...
Is it worth following what's written in the MPC or be happy if I can find anything within a date range prior to the scheduled build?

Guess your limited to those resources currently. I would guess that your likely (with a date code prior to your car's date) going to find that they are -B's or -D's but it will be interesting

Good luck with your search
Jeff Speegle