Author Topic: Solenoid Harness Feed Routing  (Read 5643 times)

Offline rockhouse66

Re: Solenoid Harness Feed Routing
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2012, 08:38:30 AM »
Unrestored '70 Dearborn Cobra Jet car I took some pictures of several years ago (not mine);

Jim
'66 GT FB

Offline sas_302

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2012, 11:31:47 AM »
Yep, that's it Jeff.  It was pulled back into the corner as you surmised (word of the day).  My harness is not held in place in the corner but it did have a rubber coated metal hanger under one of the heater assembly nuts that the harness ran through.  It then went through a plastic strap-type hanger pushed through the engine side of the shock tower.  From there, it is a bit of a stretch to get to the starter solenoid.

Another mystery solved by those darn meddling kids.   ;D

Scott

Offline sas_302

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2012, 11:36:29 AM »
Great pic Rockhouse.

Does the cloth tape wrap both power (orange) and ground wire around the motor?

Scott

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2012, 05:14:02 PM »
Unrestored '70 Dearborn Cobra Jet car I took some pictures of several years ago (not mine);

Saw a number of unrestord cars with similar holders - some all plastic some complete loops and others open like the one in the picture (looks like a vacuum hose holder from a AC equipped car) Seeing all the different retainers lead me to believe these were po fixes as mentioned.

Just me ;)

Does the cloth tape wrap both power (orange) and ground wire around the motor?

Paper based tape no cloth. Its thought (evidence based) that both wires were held to the motor as it was inserted through the hole then the wires were pulled away and attached to the other wires leaving a small tear in the tape
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)