Author Topic: 1965 Convertible Top , lifts 2" after lowering to down position????  (Read 848 times)

Offline MUSTANGER

I have recently replaced my convertible top and it seems to lift about 2 inches , after it has been lowered into it`s down position.  Everything seems to work as normal but when you stop lowering it , the top lifts  a couple of inches after you let go of the switch.

Has anyone else had this problem , or is this normal???

......Cheers   John

Offline Oz390

Check for binding of the material forcing it back up.  Or piling up on the pads on the wheel wells.    The balance links can be installed backwards, which will jam the folding, but think it will happen way before full-down.   Unzip the rear curtain and lay it in first to be sure its not wadding up as well... lower slowly checking as you go to see if something is binding.

"Could" be air in the system, but a long shot.  Run it up and down a few times and check level, may be over full..??
8R03S : 76A I 2A 15M 72 5 U
8R01S : 65A B 2A 28M 72 7 5 - Factory GT
8R01C : 65A M 2A 01E 72 2 W - Cal Special
8F01X : 65A I 2A 2G 20E 24 1 U - EXP500 repli-bute

Offline MUSTANGER

I don`t think it has air in the system or over filled, as it has been bled a few times and there are  no air bubbles.

I might try unzipping the rear curtain and give that a try..........I never had any problems with the old curtain, but it`s worth a try......I will also have another look to see if it`s binding ,but I did have a quick look at that also.

OZ 390 ,Thanks for your suggestions.......

PS ....Anyone else have this problem