Author Topic: Battery OK Decal  (Read 1489 times)

Offline scottn63

Battery OK Decal
« on: April 24, 2012, 10:43:22 PM »
Hi Jeff,
In other fourms I noted that you said this about the Battery Inspection decal:
"For NJ the only original example is from a 68 -It shows that the date and the inspector markings are made with simple block letter stamp (date used the standard date stamp machine that was used everywhere at that time and the name of the inspector- Initials- was about the same size and font) all in black ink. The charge was only marked as OK in this example unlike the charge reading that was recorded at the other plants. "

Is there any chance you have a photo of the 68 NJ decal? Were the initials 2 or 3 letters? What was the format of the date? DD-MON-YYYY?

The VIN on my car is : 8T01J132641   Built December 14th 1967.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Battery OK Decal
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 11:56:53 PM »
Is there any chance you have a photo of the 68 NJ decal? Were the initials 2 or 3 letters? What was the format of the date? DD-MON-YYYY?

Initials on the only one I've seen that looks original were three initial (would of thought two but this was three)

Date sequence was month (short three letter version all caps - like the OK) day and year (two digit)

Black ink on a blue version of the battery inspection decal. Not sure anyone commercially is making that one any longer
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)